Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

Announcements

What do you think about our community?

Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

Anonymous(anon)

Re: Low in-call and ringer volume on X10, SE needs to act now!

I had the same problem with not being able to hear the call. I turned on the TTY and the in call volume seems to have doubled. It's still not the best, but much better.

Anonymous(anon)

What is the TTY which you mentioned? How can I turn it on?

Anonymous(anon)

TTY stands for Text Telephone. It is also sometimes called a TDD, or Telecommunication Device for the Deaf.

Go to Settings-Call Settings-TTY and then tap TTY Full

I had the HTC Aria before this one and the HTC has the same problem with Low in call volume.

Anonymous(anon)

Hmmmm... I don't have that option.  On my X10, if I go to Settings > Call Settings all I see is:

- Fixed Dialing Numbers

- Voicemail

- GSM call settings

No TTY at all... maybe it's a US version only? (my phone was purchased in the EU).

Anonymous(anon)

Perhaps we should do what Jeff from SE suggested in that we should start a new thread rather than having one long one. I mean if EVERYONE started a new thread with "In Call Volume on X10 is rubbish" I am sure that they would get the message pretty quickly!!!!

Anonymous(anon)

Sorry, mosy likely the case. Mine shows Fixed Dialing Numbers, Voicemail, GSM Call Setings, TTY mode

Anonymous(anon)

Completely agree with you, great phone but has failed to deliver in the most important area.....in call volume. I hope we get a firmware update ASAP. After the last update the battery life has improved drastically.

Anonymous(anon)

I have another issue besides low in-call volume. Have you guys notice your friends' iphone or htc phone in-call screen??? When my friends are answering phone call , the screen will always on and show available options on screen, e.g. mute, speaker, hold, etc. Allowing you quickly navigate throught these options, but where is x10 option screen??? I have to unlock my phone(sometimes when the call is taking long time and my screen is lock) and press the menu button to select these options, this is extrememly troublesome and inconsiderate for the phone user, especially when I am driving and need to answer phone call.

SE, Please look at this and respond back asap. I hope it's included in new update.

Anonymous(anon)

The whole ringer and speaker volume are way low   FIX THIS ASAP SE

Also the include a SPEAKER button in the touch screen!

Anonymous(anon)

Agree 100% with active screen while speaking on the phone   it is stupid to have to press buttons while driving