Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Announcements

What do you think about our community?

Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

Anonymous(anon)

Re: Lost Backup with Android Gingerbread upgrade

Tried, however showing ~ This service is temporarily not available from your service area. Actually, I tried to download from this link the whole day and saw the same message. I saw on the megaload showing the size of the file is 2.68MB but the link you sent me was 2.28MB. Any different of the file from these 2 links? Any chance i can get this file from another link or somewhere? Going Crazy!!!

Forum Legend
uliwooly

umm you can google Xperia X10 backup & restore apk

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1193802

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Anonymous(anon)

would you please send the file to my email address? bopu922@gmail.com

Forum Legend
uliwooly

I'll send you the file later, but I think I know what's going on, use Update Service and repair your phone

http://www.sonyericsson.com/cws/support/mobilephones/downloads/subject/updateservice/1.689743?cc=gb&...

then try again, it should work

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Anonymous(anon)

Wow, I made it, Uilwooly, the issue is only the file from Megaupload is work. My colleague help me to DL that apk and i got back everythings. Thanks god, thanks Uilwooly!!

Forum Legend
uliwooly

I'm glad its working now :smileyhappy:

Anonymous(anon)

I finally got it to work.

I had to manually delete all messages (sms + mms), restore only sms backup, and then restore only mms backup. That did the trick. :-D

Forum Legend
uliwooly

Good to know in case I see someone else with the same problem :smileyhappy:

Anonymous(anon)

Thanks for that mate! Megaupload was being silly but after it allowed me to download the apk, everything worked fine! Now I am restoring the backup. Text messages now at 80% Fingers crossed they will restore alright. Thanks for your genius. PS: I don't get what's going on with the new launcher! ty

Forum Legend
uliwooly

Don't forget to use the other apps to backup and sync your sms/mms to gmail