Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

Announcements

What do you think about our community?

Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

Anonymous(anon)

Re: Lost Backup with Android Gingerbread upgrade

Tried, however showing ~ This service is temporarily not available from your service area. Actually, I tried to download from this link the whole day and saw the same message. I saw on the megaload showing the size of the file is 2.68MB but the link you sent me was 2.28MB. Any different of the file from these 2 links? Any chance i can get this file from another link or somewhere? Going Crazy!!!

Forum Legend
uliwooly

umm you can google Xperia X10 backup & restore apk

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1193802

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Anonymous(anon)

would you please send the file to my email address? bopu922@gmail.com

Forum Legend
uliwooly

I'll send you the file later, but I think I know what's going on, use Update Service and repair your phone

http://www.sonyericsson.com/cws/support/mobilephones/downloads/subject/updateservice/1.689743?cc=gb&...

then try again, it should work

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Anonymous(anon)

Wow, I made it, Uilwooly, the issue is only the file from Megaupload is work. My colleague help me to DL that apk and i got back everythings. Thanks god, thanks Uilwooly!!

Forum Legend
uliwooly

I'm glad its working now :smileyhappy:

Anonymous(anon)

I finally got it to work.

I had to manually delete all messages (sms + mms), restore only sms backup, and then restore only mms backup. That did the trick. :-D

Forum Legend
uliwooly

Good to know in case I see someone else with the same problem :smileyhappy:

Anonymous(anon)

Thanks for that mate! Megaupload was being silly but after it allowed me to download the apk, everything worked fine! Now I am restoring the backup. Text messages now at 80% Fingers crossed they will restore alright. Thanks for your genius. PS: I don't get what's going on with the new launcher! ty

Forum Legend
uliwooly

Don't forget to use the other apps to backup and sync your sms/mms to gmail