Announcements

What do you think about our community?

Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

Anonymous(anon)

Re: It's Official: Xperia X10 will not be supported past 2.1

Sony ericsson hates their customers lol  If they didn't, we'd have gingerbread.  I mean, if it can be done for the arc with almost identical hardware, it can be done for the x10.  It seems to me like they are trying to force us to buy their new hardware by telling us our current hardware will be obsolete its entire life.

It's times like this I'm glad there are open-source development communities out there that are willing to help other people out and get us the updates we deserve!!

This phone just hit stores in Q2 2010, and by Q3 2011 it will have seen its last official update.

.....and companies like SE wonder why the open-source community is so much stronger than they ever will be?!?!?!?!

Thanks, XDA developers for picking up the slack from the lazy, greedy manufacturer.  If what has happened to the xperia line is any indication of things to come with the x12 or arc, SE can suck it if they think I'll buy one!!!!

Forum Legend
uliwooly

correct me if I'm wrong but the new Xperia Arc seems to be what the X10 should've been.

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Anonymous(anon)

Yeah, that's exactly my point....it seems that they know that and they also don't expect us to buy it because we know that....so they need to give us a good reason to buy it, and having full support for new android versions is a good reason, in their eyes....especially whan they sh!t-can a perfectly good phone with outstanding hardware specs in comparison to most other alternatives still available.

Anonymous(anon)

And you wonder why i got pissed off.

Like i said The x10 is a fuckup.. thats why the updates were so delayed.

I don't think SE software is mostly to blame i think it was the drunk person that did a very bad job with the Firmware and or Hardware.

Unfortunately the x10 does not even remotely preform better than my old P910i. "my p910i does not overheat and restart when i charge it and use it at the same time."

It has a sexy screen and quality media playback and the camera is respectable. But it does not do a good job as a android phone.

In anycase... Sony loves to lock every thing "bootloader"

So i realy don't give a shit about any new SE phone it..

Also The psp-phone "does not play psp games" it plays games made for it on it's own market.... "then it's not realy a psp"

What kinda ppl are comming up with all these weak ass products..

This is 2011 FFS.. not 1608... where headaches are cured by drillling holes into skulls.

SE's idea of improving the world is making loads of money off of bad products.

Nice..

See you all in hell

MU HAHAHAHARRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGG!

Just waiting for SE to secretly delete a thread again.

Anonymous(anon)

Not happy if this is true - Re this link from Whirlpool forums

Come one SE please roll out continual upgrades for the X10 range
Anonymous(anon)

if they delete this thread, it's because of people like you trolling around here.  It's one thing to speak your mind.....it's another to go on a full-blown rant just because they have stopped releasing OFFICIAL firmware updates.

Like I said above...if you want a f/w update so bad, check out XDA developers.  They will continue to (unofficially) support this phone until it's so old it can't run new versions.

Anonymous(anon)

All this has happened before, and will happen again

One time poster
an2ny79

I thought you successfully sold your x10 last Dec 13?  How come you are still eyeing for firmware updates?  Did you buy another x10 this time?  If I sucessfully sold my SE product, I won't be loitering here anymore.. I would rather spend my time screwing my new gadget.  Im just saying...

Anonymous(anon)

I have just seen the release of the new Xperia Arc. Seems a good phone however I am disgusted that in tandem with this there is to be no upgrade to 2.2 or 2.3 on the X10.

This in my view is disgraceful customer service.
When I ordered the X10 I naively presumed it would have Flash Player capability & a camera flash.
Are SE intending to allow customers with the outdated X10 a discount to upgrade.
I have had SE phones for years and always loved them. Now I feel betrayed & once my contract is up will never come back.

The non upgrade of the X10 to 2.2 is disgraceful! How can it be said that 2.1 on par with 2.2 for starters no Flash player

What will be in the X10 update besides multi zoom?

Anonymous(anon)

Don't see what the furore is all about. It may be 'only' 2.1 (I remember everyone ranting about receiving Eclair...) but update 2.0.2.A.0.24 has, so far, resolved any issues I had(main one being time to load contacts/make actual calls)and, as someone has mentioned already, if froyo is a neccesity then xda devs can help. The only gripe I had was no flash but,again, can be resolved by searching a few forums... the pending update with multi-touch should basically satisfy the average user and anyone with a (very) basic grasp of Android can upgrade various other aspects. Not sticking up for SE, I do agree the X10 should have been THE phone for a while with proper support. Live and learn :smileywink: