Announcements

What do you think about our community?

Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

One time poster
an2ny79

How to Clean / Delete contact database

Ok guys, I got a problem before using Backup/Restore...  I notice that everytime I restore my contact, the "STARRED IN ANDROID" check box accumulates (see pix below).. Those unchecked box represents the number of times I restore my contact.

Prob.bmp

After further investigation, I tried to restore different backup data and found out that the number or "STARRED IN ANDROID" represents the number I backed up my data.

I think, this is one bug of Backup/Restore application that need to be fixed.

One time poster
an2ny79

Re: How to Clean / Delete contact database (

Wow, I haven't done with this and I accidentally hit ENTER.. next thing I know, it has been posted... :smileyangry:

Ok here's what I did,

I went to CONTACT

pressed MENU

chose BACKUP CONTACT

chose MEMORY CARD

(it will create VCF file in your MemCard)

Afterward...

Go to Settings\Application

press MENU and choose FILTER

choose ALL

then look for Contact Storage

choose CLEAR DATA

Important: This will delete all contacts!!!

I went back to CONTACT

pressed MENU

chose IMPORT CONTACTS

(it will look for vcf recently created)

you won't be able to see the contacts, you need to touch the 3 head Silhouette

under DISPLAY CONTACT \ PHONE CONTACT check ALL CONTACTS

I will use my unit as a guinnea pig.. I will try to fix this up and investigate.  Will infrm you in a short while..

One time poster
an2ny79

After few backup and restores.. It seems like problem only occurs if you have contact which is starred by android.  Right now, I don't have any STARRED IN ANDROID checkbox.. only ALL CONTACTS.

Next thing to do is.. choose how to handle my data, either using backup/restore or web synchronization.. I dont usually use gmail and I hate SE's web sync.. So I go for backup/restore.  Beside, there are contacts that I don't want to store in the web.. like Paris Hilton's number.. :smileylaugh:

One time poster
an2ny79

PHONE CONTACT and GOOGLE CONTACT wont sync.. this is because it's different storage..

Best way to migrate PHONE CONTACT to GOOGLE is save it as vcf file then go to gmail contact page and click IMPORT file...

Oracle
suze

Thank you for that... I got my update today and had copied my contacts to my sd card before hand and then imported it after the back up when prompted to.  I then synced with Googlemail and ended up with double contacts.  I had thought it would be something along the lines that you say but couldn't find contact storage so thought I'd check it when I came home from work.  Just ploughing through the 50,000 emails I get from the forum and stumbled across yours.  Hadn't thought about the filter thing (altho I had read about it previously!) so once I found it I was all set to clear out the phone book and just re sync from Google.

I am now a happy lady with one set of numbers!

Anonymous(anon)

Thank you very much done exactly as you said it worked. Thanks again.