Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Announcements

What do you think about our community?

Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

Forum Legend
uliwooly

Re: Gingerbread rolling out July 29?

or you can use flashtool once the firmware its available somewhere in the planet

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Anonymous(anon)

I don't know why, but for some reason I can't edit the OP :smileysad:

So far here's what we do know....

in order to update:

you MUST be on an official generic unrooted 2.1 rom in order for the system to show you an update is available.

the update will not be available for seus immediately...use pc companion to update if you simply can't wait

I won't be installing the official update.  I'd go crazy without root, so I'll wait for a custom rom on xda developers.  I would recommend everyone do exactly the same if you wish to have root access.  apparently there are several models that have 2.3.3 but haven't gotten rooted for a while....so it may take some time to root the official update.  Rooted custom roms should be available very quickly ( a matter of 2-3 days, usually) and the GB roms that already are available will probably only be getting an update to the camera driver so we can get our HD back....these will probably be avaiable within hours of the update's release.

basically, to sum it up....if you can't wait, go ahead & update, but don't complain please if you can't root your phone for a long time after.  If you can be patient you will be able to have a GB rom very quickly anyway from XDA with exactly the same features the official one will have, but tweaked to perform much better.....and with root :smileyhappy:

Anonymous(anon)

It's here!!!!  If you still have root access, then you can drop this build.prop in your /system folder, unroot, restart and then update via PC Companion.

If you installed an unrooted rom, just root with flashtool.... http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=920746

then follow above instructions :smileywink:

IT HAS BEEN CONFIRMED THAT NO KNOWN METHODS CAN ROOT THIS ROM AS OF YET!!

Anonymous(anon)

You can also flash this FTF with flashtool and then update with PC Companion or SEUS is now reported to update, as well :smileywink:

http://www.multiupload.com/4HAO78HS6A

Anonymous(anon)

any news regarding GB udate

Anonymous(anon)

Flashtool is confirmed to allow flashing a 2.1 rom after installing GB, so you can at least downgrade and obtain root if you do not wish to stay with the GB rom after updating, or if you'd just like to play with it for a little while :smileyhappy:

Anonymous(anon)

yes.  read the thread.  it's already out and I've given instructions to obtain it.  It will only work for X10i (european) so far...if you have an X10a, please be patient....a solution is on its way in under an hour :smileywink:

Anonymous(anon)

Flash via flashtool, no intermediate roms, no unrooting....flash directly from any rom!!!

http://www.mirrorcreator.com/files/0OIDEZNA/

Forum Legend
uliwooly

its out

http://www.xperiax10.net/2011/07/29/xperia-x10-gingerbread-update-finally-rolling-out/

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Forum Legend
uliwooly