Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

Announcements

What do you think about our community?

Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

Anonymous(anon)

Forgot gmail password and username to unlock phone HELP PLEASE

so it goes the the screen where it says type  in your email and password to unlock. I dont even remember my username or password. Some people saytype "null" but it doesnt work... im willing to restart everything can anyone help me to reset this phone?!

Demigod
KrazyD

Re: Forgot gmail password and username to unlock phone HELP PLEASE

Download a program called Sony Ericsson Update Service and then update the phone.

Anonymous(anon)

I did but once i plugged in the Usb it doesnt even show up on my computer cause its locked still ):

Oracle
suze

Are you holding the back button on the phone down as you plug in the usb?  If you are and the phone just starts up as normal, the only advice that I can give which worked for me is to try it on a different computer.  My netbook wouldn't let me run an update, phone just kept starting as normal.  But on son's pc it went through fine and recognised phone when button held down.

Anonymous(anon)

omg.. it doesnt do anything im holding the (right) back button it doesnt do anything... it doesnt even pop up on my computer ughh.. anymore ideas please..

Anonymous(anon)

i installed the update service it says plug in usb and holdd back button, it starts up again at the same screen ive been trying this for like an hour

Oracle
suze

The only thing extra that I can add is have you removed the battery and then reinserted before doing the hold back button etc?  If none of these work then I can only suggest you contact SE or your carrier about having the phone repaired.

Did you try it on a different PC if you have one available to you - beg and borrow from friends/relatives, this advice has definately helped others.

Demigod
sushidushi

One more thing.  Your phone should be switched off when you try using the update service.  That might (or might not) be obvious, but I thought it might be worth mentioning, just in case.  Pretty much anything's worth a try if it might avoid you having to send off your phone for repair...

Anonymous(anon)

I pulled out the battery and put it back in then held down the back and put in usb and i turned it off.. i hate this

Demigod
sushidushi

Turned what off?  The phone should be switched off when you press the back button and insert the cable.