Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

Announcements

What do you think about our community?

Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

Anonymous(anon)

Deleting Gmail account from phone

while in the process of setting up my phone, i created a gmail account, which i need so i can use market, etc.  just wondering if anyone knows how i can go about removing that gmail account... silly blonde moment, i spelt my name wrong, so want to remove that email account and register a new one, but i can't find anywhere where i can delete it, it just keeps coming up to put my email in.

i have deleted the incorrect gmail account on their website... any ideas?

Demigod
KrazyD

Re: Deleting Gmail account from phone

I'm not sure about doing it on the phone but you can update the phone using Sony Ericsson Update Service which will let you set everything up from scratch again.

Edit: Maybe you can try this To clear your account in the Email application: Settings >  Applications > Manage Applications > Email. Then click "Clear  data" button

Demigod
Er.Kannan

I suggest you to do a factory data reset.

Go to Settings > SD card,Usb Mass Storage > Factory data reset (Will finish in about 5 minutes)

Remember that you will loose all data stored in your phone memory including all the custom installed application.

Data in the sim and sd card won't be affected.

I think there must be a better way to delete the account, sorry, but I know only this way.

Don't forget to give Kudos and / or mark the correct answer

Anonymous(anon)

i want to learn how to do that too, without returning to factory settings. thanks

Demigod
Er.Kannan

Got it!!!! Go to settings> sony ericsson> email

There you can change your display name and mail address.

Don't forget to give Kudos and / or mark the correct answer

Oracle
suze

I think you also have to clear the cache in all the google apps (google talk, google mail, market and download manager) on the Manage Application part of the menu.  There was a problem with accessing the market a few weeks ago I think mainly due to Googles change over from @googlemail to @gmail and this seems to have worked for people back then.

Forum Legend
uliwooly

Yeah suze is right, you just have to go to settings -> apps -> manage apps -> look for Gmail and Google Apps, press on Clear Data-> ok and voila you're done.

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Demigod
KrazyD

Thats what I posted originally.

Anonymous(anon)

thanks everyone for your help... i also looked up the user manual and found this...

To delete a Google™ account from your phone

Performing this task may reset all user data in all Google™ services in your phone. You will need

to sign in with your Google account to use these services again. Make sure you have saved and

made backups of all data in your phone before you proceed. For more information on how to

make a complete reset of the phone, see

Resetting the phone on page 90.

1     From the Home screen, tap the applications bar.

2     Tap Settings > Applications > Manage applications.

3     Scroll down and tap Gmail™ .

4     Tap Clear data.

5     Press . back arrow

6     Scroll down and tap Google Apps.

7     Tap Clear data.

but be careful what you clear, somehow i have now lost all my phonebook contacts :smileysad:

but be careful what you clear, somehow i have now lost all my phonebook contacts :smileysad:

Anonymous(anon)

your post have been very helpful! i've been working on that problem the whole day.. hehe