Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Announcements

What do you think about our community?

Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

Anonymous(anon)

Copying PB_Backup.vcf from old phone

Hi,

I am trying to copy my contacts from my old Sony Ericsson W595 to my new Sony Ericsson X10 mini phone.

I downloaded a bluetooth file transfer app from the Android Market (As I know the Sony Ericsson s/w doesn't yet support bluetooth file transfer) and this works well and lets me 'pull' photos from my old phone without any problem.

However I am running into problems trying to copy my address book backup from the memory card on my W595.. I can browse to it in the system/pim folder however when I select to transfer it to my phone I get an error saying 'unrecgonised mime type' and I get asked which application to open the file with. I've tried a few options but I can't seem to find anything that knows what to do with the .vcf file.

Is there an easy way to add .vcf as a mime type? Or is there a better way to transfer my contacts to my x10? Even though I have installed the bluetooth file transfer app, my old phone still can't detect my x10 when searching for bluetooth devices..

thanks for any help anyone can provide.

Phil.

Anonymous(anon)

Re: Copying PB_Backup.vcf from old phone

I kinda have the same problem.

you can try synchronizing of the sony ericsson website.