Announcements

What do you think about our community?

Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

Anonymous(anon)

Copying PB_Backup.vcf from old phone

Hi,

I am trying to copy my contacts from my old Sony Ericsson W595 to my new Sony Ericsson X10 mini phone.

I downloaded a bluetooth file transfer app from the Android Market (As I know the Sony Ericsson s/w doesn't yet support bluetooth file transfer) and this works well and lets me 'pull' photos from my old phone without any problem.

However I am running into problems trying to copy my address book backup from the memory card on my W595.. I can browse to it in the system/pim folder however when I select to transfer it to my phone I get an error saying 'unrecgonised mime type' and I get asked which application to open the file with. I've tried a few options but I can't seem to find anything that knows what to do with the .vcf file.

Is there an easy way to add .vcf as a mime type? Or is there a better way to transfer my contacts to my x10? Even though I have installed the bluetooth file transfer app, my old phone still can't detect my x10 when searching for bluetooth devices..

thanks for any help anyone can provide.

Phil.

Anonymous(anon)

Re: Copying PB_Backup.vcf from old phone

I kinda have the same problem.

you can try synchronizing of the sony ericsson website.