Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Announcements

What do you think about our community?

Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

Anonymous(anon)

Can't mount my mobile with PC Companion

Hi all,

I'm trying to connect my Xperia X10 to my PC through the application PC Companion. Although the mobile is charging, the application is not recognizing my mobile. Anybody can help, please.

Sony Xperia Support
Sony Xperia Support
Sam

Re: Can't mount my mobile with PC Companion

Do you get any notification at all from the PC indicating that you have connected a device, such a tone or pop up advising that it has "Found New Hardware"?

Anonymous(anon)

I am experiencing the same problem.  Regardless of which port or pc I use, the error message I get says "USB device not recognised". The phone also doesn't give me the options to Mount card / charge etc.  Please help!

slimshaddy

http://dl-www.sonyericsson.com/cws/download/1/110/61/1309763183/Update_Service_Setup-2.11.7.13.exe

download this on your computer..it will install some drivers and most probably your phone will get recognised :smileywink:

Anonymous(anon)

I am having the same problem with my x10, my computer does not recognize my phone using pc companion or seus, my phone does not give me the option of mounting but does charge while connected using the usb,  does anyone have any suggestions on how i can connect my phone to my computer??

Forum Legend
uliwooly-wooly

uninstall -> reinstall PCC and SEUS -> restart your computer -> run SEUS whenever the computer ask you to connect the phone on flashmode, do so, and just wait for the computer to find the drivers

Anonymous(anon)

Tried uninstalling both applications and reinstalling then restarting and connecting with flashmode with no success. All that happens is my phone will go to the sony ericsson screen then to the charge screen. Just wondering if there is suppose to be drivers that appear in device manager once PCC and SEUS are installed because i have checked and didnt find anything,  Also wondering if the existing firmware on my phone might be interfering with SEUS, right now im at 2.1. Using SEUS version 2.11.12.9 and PCC version 2.02.002.  Is there a way to download and install the necessary drivers manually that will allow my pc to recognize my phone?

slimshaddy

Anonymous(anon)

well so i cant manually install the drivers... got any suggestions for me? no clue why my computer wont install the drivers or recognize my phone even after reinstalling both PCC and SEUS and rebooting. I have been looking at some flashing threads and noticed that my build number isnt listed in most of them, its 2.1.1.A.0.6 x10a, wondering if that might be conflicting with something, any knowledge would be appreciated thx

Forum Legend
uliwooly

I wonder if flashtool could work

http://talk.sonyericsson.com/message/90716#90716

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)