Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

Announcements

What do you think about our community?

Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

Anonymous(anon)

Basic functions in xperia x10

I bought Xperia X10 last month. Earlier I was using P1i and it was having quite a few facilities which I am missing here. Can some one help me how to get it in x10?

• Does x10 have multi touch? If not, is it expected and when?
  • Is there one touch short cut available to close all running applications?
  • My Xperia constantly tries to connect to internet. How do I stop this?
  • My Xperia came with only one pre loaded game. Which are the games that come preloaded with Xperia and how do I get it?
  • How do I delete recently played, recently viewed, recently added etc list in Mediascape?
  • How do I hide the photo or video files in Mediascape?
  • How do I play the songs in the order of file name in Mediascape?
  • How do I view media files other than through Mediascape? Because of unavailibility of above features, I do not want to use Mediascape.
  • How do I fix photo on Home screen in tile mode? Meaning, I want to fit the wallpaper photo in a screen so that it is not visible partly on my home screen.
  • The call log contains all calls. How do I see only missed calls or dialed calls or received calls?
  • The call log is in extended mode. How do I configure it in compact mode so that I see only one entry for each caller?
  • How do I send Business card through SMS? Currently it goes through MMS.
  • If one contact has multiple numbers and I want to send only one number, How do I do that?
  • How do I set up speed dial?
  • How do I do voice recording? Also, let me know how do I do recording while I am on call?
  • Does Xperia has voice mail? I do not want the one offered by my mobile operator.
  • Last but not least, if the answer of most of the above is NO (which are basic functions), then is there any sense buying xperia x10?

Thanks in advance...

Forum Legend
    uliwooly

Re: Basic functions in xperia x10

Dual-touch

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=920669

Root access

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=834428

and how to make it work with all the apps (but not with mediascape)

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=921302

and if you want to use pinch zoom to see your pictures and another music player check this out

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=826311

Download

Gallery_X10

Music_X10

They were supposed to be included with android but Sony Ericsson removed them so there wouldn't be competition to their Mediascape

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Forum Legend
    uliwooly

You can download

"Taskiller free" by AxDroid LLC

once installed you can create a widget or just open the app.

although you don't need to kill your apps.

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Forum Legend
    uliwooly

go to

Settings

Account & Sync

uncheck Background data and Auto-sync

Forum Legend
    uliwooly

"My Xperia came with only one pre loaded game. Which are the games that come preloaded with Xperia and how do I get it?"

Every market has different games/apps pre-installed but you can just go to Playnow and/or Android market and start downloading the games.

Anonymous(anon)

X10 WAS CREATED BY SE TO DAMAGE CUSTOMERS STARTING WITH A LIMITED CHEAP HARDWARE TO BE SOLD AT HIGH PRICE AND ABANDONING CRUCIAL AND HIGHLY NECESSARY OS UPGRADES TO ANNOUNCE A NEW LINE OF FLAGSHIP PHONE TO REPLACE IT JUST A FEW MONTHS LATHER. BECAUSE OF THIS SE WILL BE SUITED AND DAMAGED SOON BY A MASSIVE INFORMATIONAL CAMPAIGN. JUST STAY IN TOUCH AND LOOK FOR SPECIFIC THREADS HERE.

Forum Legend
    uliwooly

"

• How do I delete recently played, recently viewed, recently added etc list in Mediascape?
  • How do I view media files other than through Mediascape? Because of unavailibility of above features, I do not want to use Mediascape
  • "

There's no way to delete recently played, viewed, added, unless you run a factory reset after you use Mediascape

You can't hide photos, videos.

You can download and install the apps I suggested above.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=826311

Download

Gallery_X10

Music_X10

They were supposed to be included with android but Sony Ericsson removed them so there wouldn't be competition to their Mediascape

as for watching videos you can use "Rock Player"

use NeoReader on the QR code bellow

Forum Legend
    uliwooly

"How do I set up speed dial?"

long press anywhere on your home screen, select shortcut, Direct Dial, select the contact and voila

Forum Legend
    uliwooly

"

• How do I do voice recording? Also, let me know how do I do recording while I am on call?
  • "

There are many "Voice Recorder" apps in the market that allow you to do just that.

Forum Legend
    uliwooly

• with the latest Update, You are now allow to do all this.

go here and download the X10a-2_1_A-_0_435_EW.ftf file

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=935407

download FlashTool 0.2.4

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=825675

Install it

inside there will be 5 folders

Custom
                                       Drivers
                                       Firmwares
                                       Loaders
                                       X10Flasher_lib
    put X10a-2_1_A-_0_435_EW.ftf file inside "Firmwares" folder
    click on X10FlashTool (Application)
    click on Connect (it's a button)
    Select X10
    Press Ok
    it will ask you to connect your phone on Flashmode (turn off your phone, press the back button, then connect the USB) press OK
    Click Flash