Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

Announcements

What do you think about our community?

Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

Anonymous(anon)

Android 2.2 update?

will xperia x10 get android 2.2 update in Q4? 2.1 will be outdated by then. LED flash,new homescreen,better performance etc. will be certainly missed.X10 has terrific hardware capabilities after all:smileyplain:

Anonymous(anon)

Re: Android 2.2 update?

hi it is getting the 2.1 update somtime in september dont ask me why its the 2.1 because its old now but work just as good hope this helps.

Anonymous(anon)

Android 2.2 is being adopted by the elite phone manufacturers and the new leaders in this market, HTC, Samsung, Motorola, etc.... SE, on the other hand, is just falling behind the times. The best they can commit to is 2.1, maybe while they are preparing the next generation Xperia with 2.2, which - judging by their record - will probably come out when Android 3.0 (Gingerbread) is released :smileyhappy:

Anonymous(anon)

well, It makes me fill sorry buying Sony-Ericsson Xperia 10 after all. People who buy Android based phones want to be in the avant-garde of mobile technology and not dragged back by SE... Very disappointed.

Anonymous(anon)

i'm very unhappy with SE now, as other companies update SE drag their heels. x10 was advertised as a media bundle has all the power to achieve this but as 1.6 & 2.1 dont support flash player the only media you can access is youtube. no mention of 2.2 or even 3.0 upgrade your media bundle is restricted, would have been better off getting an iphone if i wanted to be restricted. the reason for getting android phones is your freedom with them. unless SE get the finger out the x10 will be getting binned for a HTC, which are upgrading to the latest OS and not just crawling behind with the next best OS update. bit like updating Win 95 to Win 98 when XP,Vista & 7 are all there....why the hell would you do that.

Anonymous(anon)

100% agree. I feel the same. My friends keep telling me that I had to buy iPhone but I chose the Android as platform of freedom. I am not so enthusiastic any more... thanks to SE :smileysad:

Anonymous(anon)

I feel sorry for the people who chose iPhone. They are not true phone enthusiast, just gimmick-lovers.

SE build their phones solidly, although I must agree their updates are slow and very slow..... I miss those days when you just buy a damn phone, no update required because it was nothing more than a mobile phone and a phonebook.

Anonymous(anon)

Im so unhappy with my phone now my brother is teasing me that my phone is prehistoric because it still has android 1.6 ,I shouldn't have bought x10 in the first place maybe its better that i bought the iphone4 ,i hope we will get froyo 2.2 ,SE please do something we're tired of this ,yes the phone is good but the updates are too slow we need froyo 2.2 ,and i have problems in playnow application everytime i update it .the application is always not working properly, so i had to reinstall the software ,if i can return the phone i will.so unhappy,i expected so much in SE

Anonymous(anon)

SONY ERICSSON IS VERY HAPPY TO ANNOUNCE THAT THEY WILL RELEASE 2.2 THIS YEAR YOU KNOW SE SUCKS REALLY SUCKS DO DISAPPOINTED I SHOULDN'T HAVE BOUGHT  X10 I REALLY REGRET IT NEXT TIME I WILL BUY IPHONE OR BLACKBERRY OR HTC ,SE SUCKS IN ANDROID PHONES MANY CUSTOMERS ARE DISAPPOINTED YOU KNOW ,WE WANT ANDROID 2.2 SE WE DON'T LIKE 2.1 DO SOMETHING DON'T JUST READ OUR FEEDBACKS SE YOU WILL TELL TO US YOU CAN'T ANSWER ALL OUR QUESTIONS WTF ,WE BOUGHT THE VER EXPENSIVE PHONE AND THAT'S YOU WILL TELL TO US SHAME ON YOU SE SHAME ON YOU,WE WANT TO KNOW IF WE WILL GET ANDROID 2.2 ASAP,I REGRET I BOUGHT SONY ERICSSON X10 I MEAN IT.

Anonymous(anon)

dont be upset guys keep faith to xda developer team not in se developer .i know xda are more fast than the slow se