Announcements

What do you think about our community?

Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

Anonymous(anon)

? Airplane mode stuck on

Has anyone else had problems with the X10 and its airplane mode remaining on - or rather wont shut off??

My daughter is having a terrible time with hers and ultimately it ended up in my hands to fix.

I've done everything I can to resolve this but just cant seem to find a solution.

When you go into settings etc the airplane mode is ticked I untick it and it kind of greys out then when go off that screen and go back on its still ticked??? Doesn't seem to be a setting on the page to "save" settings"

Does anyone have any ideas - She is on the latest updated software ???

Thanks for looking anyway and sorry if the answer is elsewhere in the forum - I did search using the terms airplane mode etc before posting

Oracle
suze

Re: ? Airplane mode stuck on

As soon as I tick mine and come out I have the little airplane in the notification bar and a red cross next to my sim card symbol, which is what I would expect to happen.

I wonder if she has any apps installed that is preventing the disconnect of data.  The only thing I can think of to try is a clean install of the firmware by running a repair on either PC Companion or Sony Ericsson Update Service.  This will wipe the phone and give it a fresh install therefore hopefully repairing any glitch that is causing it. Just ensure that contacts are either saved to SD card or synced with Gmail or SE sync so that she doesn't lose them.  SD card data should be unaffected.