Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Announcements

What do you think about our community?

Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

One time poster
mohan.ponnam222

xperia x10 mini pro update

Hi all. i have seen many videos in youtube showing SE x10 pro with android 4.1.1,   4.3 etc., I love my phone but the only problem is that it tells it can not be updated over 2.1and shows that ' it has the latest version of software ' when i want to update. Pls tell me clearly how can i update it to later versions of android .

Thanks and Regards.

Trustee
Aimee

Re: xperia x10 mini pro update

Hi, unfortunately it would not be possible to officially update the X10 Mini Pro passed Android 2.1. If you wanted to do this, you would need to root the handset and load third party software however this may void the warranty.

-

What do you think about this forum? Let us know by doing this short survey

Forum Legend
uliwooly

you can read about it here and alternatives

The REAL REASON why the X8, x10 mini/pro, w8 won't get an update (2.2 or 2.3)? will the 2011 Xperias have the same fate?

http://talk.sonymobile.com/message/121814

is Sony spying on users in this forum?

http://talk.sonymobile.com/thread/60197

Don't forget to mark the Correct Answers & Helpful Answers

unrelated topic, if you have some time please check this thread

http://talk.sonymobile.com/message/244522#244522

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

One time poster
mohan.ponnam222

Thanks for giving reply. U said to root the mobile.

How to root the mobile ?

If we root it , will it be able to update to former versions than 2.1 ?

any problems arise after rooting and updating ?

pls answer me this so that it helps me alot.

thanks and regards

One time poster
mohan.ponnam222

Thanks Uliwooy for helpful reply. but i watched in youtube that x10 mini pro is being use on jelly bean and ics. how was that possible ? If i apply any mod will my phone stop working ?

One time poster
mohan.ponnam222

I just cant install fb messenger on ma phone.......... it irritates me now and it feels like why the hell i bought this phone. actually i am a SE fan. i've used quickshare,cybershot,w580i and w995 . i was always satisfied with all those phones. first time i got frustated with SE. sorry , but this is true. For the first time i am going out of sony and going to buy another product.  :smileysad: