Announcements

What do you think about our community?

Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

Anonymous(anon)

xperia x10 mini pro memory problem.

i just bought this phone last 2 weeks and ive been installing apps. somehow when i want to install the app it says memory low and i need to clear some space.

i have 4gig sd card and when i open the sd card menu it still says i have 3.0gig left? why is this happening to my phone?

does the app installed to the phone internal memory or something?

or do i have to change any settings to make the app installed to the sd card.

please help me.

sorry for any broken english.

thx

Anonymous(anon)

Re: xperia x10 mini pro memory problem.

Hey @FancyPants-MD,

I wanted to inform you that the apps can only be installed to the phone's memory. You can't really change this feature on the phone. I would recommend you to uninstall the apps that you are not currently taking advantage of and are just using space in your phone.

Anonymous(anon)

That´s a great "bug"...why applications should only be installed on phone memory? Why does phone supports 16Gb if then applications can´t be installed in SD card? :smileysad:

With only 10 apps, the memory is already full, or giving problems to phone.

Does SE will do something, an update or something, to resolve this big problem (in my opinion)?.

Thanks, great phone, but bad internal memory :smileysad:

Trustee
Josh

That is not a bug, is just that the X10 family runs under android 2.1 (or 1.6 in some cases) and the option to install the apps on the memory card is available from android 2.2 and higher versions.

Anonymous(anon)

And so, what will SE do to resolve the problem? Will we have an update to 2.2?

Anonymous(anon)

will SE update xperia family to 2.2? because i am facing the same problem..! Love millions of apps but can download only a few..?! :smileysad:

Anonymous(anon)

Please!! will we be able to use our SD (that we all expected would be able to handle downloads from the phone to the SD card like any simple phone can) with any upgrade coming soon and when??? It sucks that i cant use this phone to its full capability, i love this phone but their are some things that are just making me not want it because of main basic things :smileysad:

Will we ever be able to have more than "10" downloaded applications at a time ever?