Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

Announcements

What do you think about our community?

Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

Anonymous(anon)

Re: screen remains on when fully charged

it will turn on again after a while, it's a loop.

Anonymous(anon)

I've given up. It was a mistake buying this phone, it's crap.

Forum Legend
uliwooly

Try to repair it with Update Service

Update Service (SEUS)

http://dl-www.sonyericsson.com/cws/download/1/110/61/1309763183/Update_Service_Setup-2.11.7.13.exe

Don't forget to mark the Correct Answers & Helpful Answers

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Anonymous(anon)

This issue seems to be a "feature" and not a bug, so the phone doesn't need any repairment.

It can only be fixed by Sony-Ericsson releasing a new firmware update ""fixing"" this "feature".

And then I would need about one year until my phone company (Movistar) releases its own release, because Update Service does not work until they approve the new release. And I've already lost too much time with this issue reinstalling the current firmware (as you say, "repair" with update service), so I don't feel like becaming root just to try if a new relase fixes this, if it's possible at all.

I'd be very happy if I find a helpfull or correct answer.

Forum Legend
uliwooly

do you have a protective case? if you do remove it, restart your phone, and don't put it back on. also try the to

1) backup everything and then

2) use SEUS (link above) to repair your phone, just try it

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Forum Legend
uliwooly

once you repair the phone with seus do NOT install any other app, check if the screen stays off