Announcements

What do you think about our community?

Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

Anonymous(anon)

android 2.2/2.3 update for xperia x10 mini pro

alrighty..

for the SE team. I KNOW YOU GUYS DO NOT WANT TO TALK ABOUT THIS.. BUT I DO.. and I just recently found out that SE will not be releasing android 2.3 update or even the android 2.2 update for xperia x10 mini pro! i do not know how far this statement is true? but all i do know is what i have to say to the sony ericsson people!

now here i got some things to talk to you guys about..

1. Customer service - okay so i work at this mobile store.. and our main goal basically is to keep the customers happy.. i guess that is not the case for the sony ericsson people because by cancelling any further updates for this phone.. many xperia users will not be happy! and besides all my phone in the past have been sony ericsson and to be honest i was in love with sony ericsson but now.. its all done and over! i will not be buying any further sony ericsson products and infact i will even tell my mates or any one i know or anyone i am selling phones to or providing service.. i would recommend not to buy these phones because this is just stupid! well i am sure i can do that.. because that is my opinion now on the SE.. the opinion used to be somewhere like "SONY ERICSSON HAVE THE BEST PRODUCTS" and now i will never mention these words to anyone saying you guys have the best products, because even if you guys do.. you guys do have the worst service possible!

2. ever heard about the phone motorolla droid? yes that phone released somewhere in 2009.. and that phone runs on android 2.2 or even a higher version i think and i hear rumours about that phone saying it will get android 2.3 gingerbread.. while xperia x10 mini pro released somewhere last year and it doesn't even run on android 2.2.. well infact it doesn't even have android 2.2! this is just dumb! and it cannot be said that "motorolla droid is a better phone than xperia x10 mini pro". Because if that is the case and the motorolla droid is better than mini pro, then sony ericsson is just poor because you people make mobile phones and this is a competitive market first of all and that the mini pro is a newer version compared to the motorolla droid and i am sure it has newer parts and if it doesn't or any other reason the SE cannot provide higher updates for the xperia x10 family.. then the SE seriously need to take a step back and think about whether you should even stay in this business because you guys clearly aren't any good if you do not have the time to provide an update for this phone but you have all the time to go and make new phone.. i know you guys want to get ahead in technology but its time you guys seriously think if you cannot give an update.. just drop out of this business or atleast stop providing android anymore because this is just poor!

to me samsung is MUD!! but now it feels like they are better than sony ericsson..!

it would have made more sense if you guys completely took further xperia x10 mini pro models out of the stock and stop making them and provide updates for rest.. but there is no point making more stock of this phone when in the end your main goal is just to make your customers unhappy and i am actually p***** off right now about whatever the SE has been up to lately!

just saying the SE can count me out of any further of their products and even their further customers or their past customers who do agree with me! i know you people do not want to talk about this but this is the time you need to hear all this! what is the point of just staying in the market if you want these type of bad reviews from us?

one last question - DOES THE SE WANT TO SORT OUT THE PROBLEM THEY HAVE CREATED BY NOT PROVIDING UPDATES AND STOP MAKING THE CUSTOMERS UNHAPPY OR YOU PLANNING ON CONTINUING THAT WITH ALL YOUR CUSTOMERS AND ALL YOUR PHONES???

thanks for your time :smileyhappy: nice dealing with SE in the past like 3 or 4 years since all my phones have been sony ericsson but i can PROMISE that I WILL NOT BE BUYING ANY FURTHER SONY ERICSSON PRODUCTS! have fun reading this.. and replying to me.. and selling your further products :smileyhappy: buhbye!! though i did love SE and i probably still do.. but seriously.. REALLY DISAPPOINTED!!

it is just it is nothing personal or i really hate SE products.. it is just SE never disappointed me until now and you people seriously need to make up for all the customers you have made unhappy!

thanks for your time!

Anonymous(anon)

Re: android 2.2/2.3 update for xperia x10 mini pro

How lame is SE? check this out
Huawei Ideos X3 U8510
Qualcomm MSM7227 600 MHz
3.2″ display @ 320×480 pixels
256MB RAM
up to 32GB via microSD
HSDPA, HSUPA
WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, WiFi hotspot
Bluetooth 2.1
3.15MP camera
Li-Po battery 1200mAh
9.9mm thin
Android 2.3 Gingerbread
The x10 mini/pro and x8 has better or same specs, SE gave a really lame reason
but hey look at this company they could provide Android 2.3 ahahahaha.
Anonymous(anon)

It looks to me that SonyEricsson is doing the same thing to all their users; They let them down by just pulling their money, and running away!

I have a Xperia X2 that i bought Around February/March 2010.  SonyEricsson released two updates, where the first was just a disaster with bugs that made the phone unusable. After the second update they got lots of bugs fixed, but the phone is just a masterpiece of disasters. One of the worst bugs is a bug that formats the memorycard. An other horrible bug is that it hangs unnoticeable, and you miss all your calls and sms:es. Rebooting the phone takes again up to 5 minutes which is unacceptable to a phone meant for business-use!!

After this the phone was abandoned, and no new updates are coming. I have not met ANY happy X2 user. ALL of them curse SonyEricsson to H*ll, and swear to not buy a phone from SonyEricsson anymore. You can imagine that they have nothing good to tell about SonyEricsson, and that they most likely tell all their friends and associates about the way SonyEricsson work.

This again WILL affect, or actually IT HAS ALREADY affected Sony Ericssons future on the high-end phone's markets!

SOrry SonyEricsson, no more of your products for me, and ALL the people i know!

Forum Legend
uliwooly

we all know that the real reason behind it, it's not based on the phone's hardware

just install a custom ROM 2.3.4

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1068553

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Anonymous(anon)

It is sad that SE will not update  the x10 mini pro to 2.3.  It is the 7th SE telefon I have had. I like the size and the keyboard.  However, It is the last SE phone I will buy,  if they dont care about me as a customer then I will change brand, and in the future perhaps they will stop seeing us as a short term "sell and forget" group.  Without us customer there will be no SE in the future. So do as I, show them your disapointment by walking away from SE.

slimshaddy

there are new phones rolling out which are upgradable..

i know it pissis u off..and its not accepted..

but u may try another phones..when u get over with this phone, there are more se phones like arc and neo..they are pretty good..

and even if u dont buy SE..b4 bying any phone vrand..do search for its disadvantages :smileywink:

all the best,..

Anonymous(anon)

But how can you trust a company that says it will try to provide 2 years worth of support but only gives 7 months and offers spurious excuses at best?

Too right we're annoyed and that it is unacceptable.

See point 1, why trust a company that has broken your trust?

Agreed, but prior to purchasing an X10 mini I carried out extensive research, ignored all the silly reviews about it being too small etc.. trusting in a company like SE to keep providing support for the unit.

slimshaddy

i dint understand that

"will try toprovide 2 years but only gives 7 months"

what do u mean ?

just 7 months of warranty period ?

Anonymous(anon)

It's pretty obvious isn't it? we're talking about SE giving us an update for our X10 mini, at the time of releasing the phone SE stated on the webpage that they will endeavour to offer two years support (software upgrades) but after 7 months of the phone's release they sever all ties with it.

slimshaddy

oh ok..

can u give me the link of what are u saying..just to read..

i know its not gud at all..

at a mall..sony were displaying the new w8, just launched in my country..

and there were loads of people thinking about that..

and seriously i felt like snatching the mike and telling them all the disadvantage..

since 28 wont have further android versions..just like urs..stuck at 2.1

i beleive u can install custom roms on ur phones..

just go to the xda developers site..google it

and search for everything about ur phone...

i saw updates and videos of some phones officially stuck at 2.1 using 2.2

u can also see videos on youtube..just seee them..

m sry i dont have the links..but do see..