Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

Announcements

What do you think about our community?

Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

Anonymous(anon)

Re: Xperia X10 mini pro would not charge. Pls help.

I have the same problem and found that my phone was discharging quicker when trying to charge it (discharged from 100% to 0% in about 10 mins when trying to charge it compared to 24 hours normal use)

:smileysad: Getting a replacement battery DOES NOT work!!!!!!!

:smileyhappy: I eventually found out that my phone will only charge using the car cigarette lighter charging unit. I think the AC and USB charging method is charging at around 5 volts but the car charges at 12 volts (120watts) so there is extra power to the phone using this method.

Hope this helps.  

Anonymous(anon)

A solution that works!

First of all, I'm surprised SONY guys don't have anything to say about it. There are hundreds of people facing this issue :smileyangry:.

I had the same problem last month. I took it to SE authorized service center and they charged me 650 INR for replacing the charging port and some 'micro-component'. I knew they were bullshitting me, but I had no choice :smileyplain:. They fixed it and it worked fine for a few weeks and the same problem happened again. One night I left the phone on at around 12% with Background Data checked and next morning battery was dead. My Phone wouldn't start and when I put it on Charger, the red light kept blinking. After a lot of surfing on internet I found out the possible cause could be that the battery is so low on charge that it's not able to light up the screen and display SONY logo and the battery icon while charging it. So, it goes cyclically and never wakes up.

Solution

The only way of solving it was to charge it externally. You can do that using external battery chargers or by charging it externally via any USB cable (it can be the cable of your external HDD, a spare mobile charger, a mouse... anything). See how it is done here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BDtv7qKf8tQ

I first tried the steps shown in the video and it worked!! Then for future, I got one external battery charger for $5 or 250 INR approx.

Lastly I'd like to say, a lot of people tried a lot of things and they got success. So, I'm not sure what will work. You should try as much solutions as you can. For me, the above process worked fine.

A few other things people tried

Keep the battery in freezer

Update firmware using SEUS

Reset phone

Put a new battery

Charge with different chargers

Use PC Companion's Repair option

Got the capacitor changed :smileyshocked:

Got the motherboard changed :smileyshocked: :smileyshocked:

You can google out for details on these solutions and give them a try - although some of them are pretty weird and lack a good reason.

PS:

1) I prefer not to leave my phone charging over night.

2) I know 650 INR is a nominal amount. But why should I pay when there is no real problem?

3) If the red light is blinking thrice, it just means your battery is goind to be dead soon (or already dead may be). So, just put it on charger. I'm not saying it will solve the problem, but you will reach the stage where it blinks once :smileywink:. And then you can use one of the above solutions.

4) I think the service center guys are hiding it from us because it's there trade secret :smileyangry:.

Anonymous(anon)

The problem with this phone is the software and the size of the processor, I have a X10 and my girlfriend has a mini pro, the X10 has a GIG processor but the mini pro only has a 700 MB, you try running one of todays computers with a 700mb processor, it wouldn't work, massive error on Sony's part, but finally they have dumped Ericsson, so now Sony can get on with what they do best and make some really good stuff. Anyway, back to the X10 mini pro, it should have been called the X10 mini beta, meaning test version, the X10 & the mini pro were both of Sony's flagship Android phones, all phones before were just getting used to the touch screen, my advice to all of you is you cannot up date this phone because it will only make it worse, you can try the latest up date being the "Icecream sandwich 4.0", very corny seen as the version before was "gingerbread", where do these idiots get these names. My personal advise would be, if you want a good phone that has been tried and tested time and time again get an I Phone 4S, but don't be put of by Sony, they have put a lot of money and hard work into the new Experia, and all the people I know in the phone industry have said they prefer the new Sony to the I Phone, difference being Apple is tight on it's free software, you try downloading any song you want for free on an I Phone, cant do it with out jail breaking it, makes the warrenty void. But the Android O.S is so versatile in so many ways, you can download any song you want direct to your phone, free, MP3 downloader free, and there are many many more apps. I used to be a samsung man myself but my first phone was an Ericsson 237 before they merged with Sony, I remember when they bought out the T28, what a phone, the hole Walkman range of phones just always seemed to be 1 step behind the competition, but I stayed loyal because they always seemed to do what I needed. Back to the Mini Pro, massive flop, thumbs down, just have to suck this one up I'm affraid.

Anonymous(anon)

Sometimes a red light just go blinking the only thing you need is a tiny flat screwdriver! Gently insert the screewdrive in the charging port. There you'll see a tiny flat part. Just try slowly to level it up to the extend that the flat part is in the middle. Then plug in the charger. To me I think the problem is that the charger doesn't make the right contact therefore the pc don't recognize the phone and the wall charger doesn't do anything. This happened to me twice already.

Anonymous(anon)

I have to admit this is the solution to this problem...so simple so don't take it to the service or they will rip you off for no reason!

Lessons learned: SE Xperia phones CANNOT be recharged once they are completely dead....YOU MUST NEVER LET YOUR PHONE DIE COMPLETELY! ( I remember the sales person told me this when I bought my phone, but I didnt listen well...:smileyhappy:

The phone requires a minimal amount of power to do basic functions such as recharge and at the same time is consuming energy from other services you left on before it die completely...not to mention the big processor it has!

Anyways, to revive my phone I followed the instructions shown in the video below...For that I sacrificed the USB cable of my girlfriends's MP3 player :smileyhappy:  and luckily I managed to recharge the phone to a minimal level, then i plug the normal charger and it did its work!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BDtv7qKf8tQ

Good luck guys!

Anonymous(anon)

Hi,

Same problem -> changed to a samsung mini usb charger -> works great.

Br.

Anonymous(anon)

Hi i know that this is not the issues and i apologize but i need help because my x10 mini pro have an issue with its screen light.Sorry again about that,heres what hapening.

Hello guys out there i want help regarding my cell phone sony experia pro mini! The phone works perfectly and i have it least than a year,and from yesterday it lights up its screen by it self when i leave it without a reason and with this way degreases my life of the battery.Any help would be apresiated thanks.

Anonymous(anon)

Hello guys out there i want help regarding my cell phone sony experia pro mini! The phone works perfectly and i have it least than a year,and from yesterday it lights up its screen by it self when i leave it without a reason and with this way degreases my life of the battery.Any help would be apresiated thanks.

Anonymous(anon)

thanks, this worked fo me...

gwhispererz

Glad to know that!