Announcements

What do you think about our community?

Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

Anonymous(anon)

Sony Ericsson Xperia X1O Mini: Market to Google Play Store

Hi,

I have a sony ericsson experia x10 mini. Google market in my phone is not getting upgraded to google play, and from the old market i am not able to install or update nay of the applications. Market shows that ther are updates available to the installed applications, but when i select and install the updates, an error comes up saying "Cannot download the updates".

Can anybody help me in upgrading market to google plus. Any help would be appretiated.

Many Thanks,

Jeevitha.

Forum Legend
uliwooly

Re: Sony Ericsson Xperia X1O Mini: Market to Google Play Store

do you have a data plan or wifi?

turn on your data plan/wifi > make sure autosync and background data are selected -> open the market > menu > my apps > look for updates > also leave it open for some time and you should get the new Play store.

btw are you using the same Gmail or did you changed the email?

Don't forget to mark the Correct Answers & Helpful Answers

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Anonymous(anon)

Hello,

Ya i do have a data plan. And yes i have turned on the Data Traffic aswell.

And i have not changed the Gmail Account also!!

I have kept the market open for more than 2-3 days.. But i dont find any kind of upgrade happening with the market. Let me know any other alternatives.

Forum Legend
uliwooly

sideload the new PlayStore

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1737773

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Forum Legend
uliwooly

How to sideload apps

http://talk.sonymobile.com/message/186671#186671

Anonymous(anon)

Hi Jeevitha,

I have X10 mini pro. Sadly, X10 mini/mini pro will not be getting Google Play since they are running 2.1.

To solve the apps 'update issue', try uninstalling the updates for the market application and try updating the apps, they should update. I have tried this and it works. Later the market will automatically get updated, but not to Play store.