Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Announcements

What do you think about our community?

Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

Anonymous(anon)
Accepted Solution

My Xperia X10 mini/pro is facing issues in GPRS connectivity

Hi all,

My Xperia X10 mini/pro is unable to connect to the internet. I bought the phone two weeks back and downloaded GPRS settings for Airtel. For the first two days the internet worked perfectly fine. But all of a sudden the E icon on the top disappeared and there was no connectivity. Then the connection kept going on and off intermittently. I called up the Sony Ericsson helpline but they said it was a network issue. Then I went to the Airtel center and they said all the internet settings were in place and the problem was with the phone, not the network.

I am confused and dont know where the problem actually lies - with the phone or the network. And if the problem was with the network then why did the GPRS connection work perfectly fine the first two days?

Please help!

gwhispererz

Re: My Xperia X10 mini/pro is facing issues in GPRS connectivity

Hi, did you install any apps that you think might be affecting phone connection? Did you try removing and inserting SIM card? Did you change any setting in the Network Mode?

Anonymous(anon)

Hi!

I haven't installed any additional apps. All the apps were preloaded on the phone. I replaced AIrtel SIM with Vodafone SIM but the problem persisted. I tried out all the different settings in the Network mode, including the settings provided by AIrtel, but it did not help. Then I tried updating the phone software from Android 2.3.4 to Android 4.0 through PC Companion, but could not update it. I also tried a repair of the phone software through PC Companion but that also failed. Could you tell me what else I could do before taking the phone to a Sony Ericsson service center?

Thanks for your suggestion!

gwhispererz

Suggest you try factory reset phone, see if this works .... Settings>Privacy>Factory data reset.

If still unsuccessful, software repair phone with PC Companion. PC Companion will prompt you that phone is up to date, just proceed to Repair.

Be aware that both the above process will erase phone data completely.

By the way, Android 4.0 (ICS) is not rolled out yet.

Keep us updated.

Anonymous(anon)

Hi!

I successfully updated the software to Android 4.0 but still there is no connectivity. Seems like this phone has this issue from the inception itself.

gwhispererz

If you can confirm that the APN is set up correct, probably there is problem with the phone itself. If that is the case, send phone to Service Centre for repair.

Anonymous(anon)

Hi!

Thanks for the help. I did a factory reset but that also didn't help. And I did the Android update because there was a notificiation in the phone itself that an update to Android 4.0 is available. After I installed the update, PC Companion notified that the update was successful!

Anyways I shall try the phone software repair through PC Companion and see if it works.

Thanks and regards,

Dipannita.

Anonymous(anon)

Hi!

I did a repair of the phone software using PC Companion. The internet connectivity is fine now, but I am keeping my fingers crossed! I'll see for at least 2 days if the connection works fine! Will keep you updated! Thanks a lot for your valuable suggestions!

Forum Legend
uliwooly

Android 4.0 it's not out yet, I'm assuming that you have the Xperia mini/pro not the X10 mini/pro. the issue could've been bc of a

1) taskiller

2) antivirus app

go to settings -> about phone -> you'll see that you have

Android version

Build number 4.0.  (the build number it is not the android version :smileysilly: )

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Anonymous(anon)

Well I dont know what had caused the problem in the first place. I had not downloaded any additional apps. All the apps I was using were preloaded on the phone, including McAfee security. Frankly, I do not require an update, whether it is of the Android version itself or only of the build number, as long as I am able to access the internet.

I'll see for few more days if there are any problems. Only after that will I heave a sigh of relief! :smileyhappy: Thanks anyways!