Announcements

What do you think about our community?

Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

Anonymous(anon)

Installation of applications in xperia x10

Help me to install applications in xperia x10 through PC

Is there any software like pc suite for installation of games

Demigod
Er.Kannan

Re: Installation of applications in xperia x10

Did you mean that you want to download android software to your pc and then install it on your phone? This is possible but, it’s difficult to get android applications to be directly downloaded to the pc (most sites don’t allow you to download applications to pc). There are some sites that allow you to download android applications to your pc (search on Google or wait someone will list a few sites for you). To install an application downloaded on your pc, follow these steps.

1. Go to Settings> Applications> Unknown Sources - Make sure that the Unknown Sources check box is checked.

2. Now transfer the .apk file from your pc to the phone.

3. If you have got a file manager, use it to browse to the application on your phone's SD card. In case you don't have a file manager use the application named Application Installer which comes preinstalled on the phone. This application will scan the phone to find out any apk files.

4. Once the application you want is listed by any of the above means, click on it and follow the onscreen procedures to install it.

Don't forget to give Kudos and / or mark the correct answer

Demigod
Er.Kannan

You may use a sideloader application from the following site

http://forum.androidcentral.com/android-applications/23940-android-central-sideload-wonder-machine.h...

What is 'sideloading'?
Sideloading refers to the practice of installing applications on your Android device that have not been downloaded from the official Android Market.  Android developers may choose to have their application hosted elsewhere, and via a direct download and sideloading the applications can be used like any other application you have downloaded from the official Market.  Normally, this can be done directly on the device, but this has been disabled on some Android phones.

Anonymous(anon)

Hi friend i am trying with that too but not able to detect the phone.

I want to install from PC.

I downloaded .apk files and want to install in my xperiax10 from PC.

I tried with sideloader but its not detecting the phone.

If i try with sideloader it is asking for USB debugging.

How can we do that.

Anonymous(anon)

i have a xperia x10 . i tried to install application from my pc to phone . i copied the apk file to the memory card . but i cannot find any application installer on my phone . where is it located .plz help

Demigod
Er.Kannan

If you have Android Market on your phone download and install, some file manager software form there. After this, you can use it browse to the file that you copied into the SD card from PC. Click on the file and it will give you option to install it.

Anonymous(anon)

I am having appbrain in my mobile. I downloaded it directly on to the mobile.

But now i dont have internet access in the location i am in.

So i am trying to install applications from PC.

How to get android market in my mobile.

I have the same problem as zulfikar.

I am copying to my memory card not able to c the application copied.

Try to help me.