Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Announcements

What do you think about our community?

Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

One time poster
yomismo

How to install google play in Xperia X10 mini pro?

I own an Xperia x10 mini pro.

I continue having android market, so I cannot access to apps in google play.

When I have tried to install an app I am interested in, I cannot do it, since it is only google play .

When I have tried to install google play, it says it cannot be done because my software is outdated. Searching in settings>about the phone it says  firmware version 2.1.update1 kernel version 2.6.26  SEMCUser@SEMCHost #1

As I am not an expert in this kind of things, I do not know what it is that of the kernels, and so on.

I have looked for update android and in the sonyericsson.com/update site it says that to update to android 4 is risky and the hardware requirements and that the update cannot be undone.

So,

Is there any way to update android to a version that works well with a Xperia X10 mini pro (I do not know 2.2., 2.3, 3.whatever)?

If there is no way to do it... is there any way to make that my xperia x10 mini pro can download apps from google play or it has become a useless device?

Thanks for any help. I am just an user, not an expert in all of this technical issues and I will like to get some value from the phone I bought onlye one and a half years ago!

Sony Xperia Support
Sony Xperia Support
Sam

Re: How to install google play in Xperia X10 mini pro?

The name of the application (Market/Playstore) does not impact the applications that are available to your device. The applications available are based on the firmware version/model of handset you have. In this case you have the latest version of firmware on your phone so what applications you see available in the market are the ones that are compatible.

What are your thoughts about this forum? Let us know by doing this short survey.