Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Announcements

What do you think about our community?

Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

Anonymous(anon)

How to change SD Card in Xperia Mini pro?

I m having 2gb sdcard in my phone which i got by itself. now i want to mount 4gb card tht i hav bought. is thr any specific procedure to mount another new sdcard.? bcoz i see when i browse my sd card some android file. ? whr frm they come ? does android automatically mounts new sdcard?

gwhispererz

Re: How to change SD Card in Xperia Mini pro?

Hi, first of all, test out your 4GB SD Card. Put it into your phone and try taking pictures or transfer some songs to see if phone is able to play them.

I am not aware of any specific procedure, probably it will be good to read the User Guide first. Don't worry about system files, those are all saved in your phone memory.

If it works fine, transfer all data from your 2GB SD Card to your new 4GB SD Card (if you want to).

Have fun.

By the way, is yours a Xperia X10 Mini Pro or Xperia Mini Pro?

Anonymous(anon)

Dear gwhispererz ,

Thanx for replying. i m also worried about some system folder tht i hav in my sdcard. they start with .(dot) . for example .android. & thoses hav taken lots of space from sdcard.

gwhispererz

In that case, you may want to transfer everything from old SD Card to new SD Card. :smileyhappy:

Anonymous(anon)

i just want to ask , when we mount new SD card in sony xperia mini pro at that time does android sys automatically installes its default folder & default file which is require for sys operation? bcoz in my SD card i found some android system files which i got with mobile itself .

Community Manager
Johan

I think the phone will automatically create the standard folders if you do a format on the SD card in the phone.

gwhispererz

You can always try the new SD Card, you have nothing to lose as you still have your old SD Card (with data intact). :smileysmileywink:

Anonymous(anon)

Thanx Johan ,

Arent u Sure about it ?