Announcements

What do you think about our community?

Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

Anonymous(anon)

Has anyone succesfully upgraded to 2.1 yet?

Hi,

Just wanted to know if anyone has sucessfully upgraded to 2.1 yet? ANd if yes, are there any improvements shown as marketed by SE..thats sending and receiving files via bluetooth etc.?

I do get a message when I connect my X10 mini pro to PC through PC companion. Awaiting to hear on positive notes, keeping my fingures cross :smileyhappy::smileyhappy:!!

Regards,

Pritesh.

Anonymous(anon)

Re: Has anyone succesfully upgraded to 2.1 yet?

Hi priteshkeluskar

Where are you located? I'm in south africa and I'm also still waiting for the update.

Thanks

Anonymous(anon)

Hi Pritesh,

Many have successfully updated to 2.1 (Mini Pro) (from India).

And yes, bluetooth application is inbuilt now.

Anonymous(anon)

Yes updated , but , you will notice its all looks great at 1st then things start to go wrong i.e you cant recieve texts , yet you could when it 1st updated?  , you cant set ringtones even some cases cant hear them?!?!?

Downgraded back to 1.6  as it runs alot smoother , but if its newer market Apps you want , its not even worth the hassle :smileysad:

BIG LET DOWN SE!!

Anonymous(anon)

Complete opposite here. Most things are working smoothly. I couldn't use timescape before but now i can. Live wallpapers, better contacts management, better battery life. Can now play angry birds! No problem receiving texts, that's an odd one! Ringtones seem to be working fine as well. Haven't used wifi or bluetooth yet. Web is now hdspa and the browser is supposed to be improved but i still find it slow and use Opera instead, much faster!

Of course, backup all your stuff before you update!

Anonymous(anon)

I am in Kenya and I manually did the update using the PC Companion. Check http://www.sonyericsson.com/support for instructions

Anonymous(anon)

I have found out why it goes wrong , since there is no Apps to SD Card that works with it , when it starts getting full ( internal memory) this stop some things working??

When the little HDD drive shows up in the top left corner ( not a problem with 1.6 ) you will see things change :smileysad:

Anonymous(anon)

I updated 2 days ago.  It seems that EVERYONE (any region) can update to 2.1 now using PC companion. Download new version and... just follow instructions.  I backed up my data (make sure you download new version of backup & restore!).  When I finished most of my contacts were there although the 3 I use most were gone.  Very strange!  Also, I had purchased the Oxford Russian dictionary (not Android market) for the phone and that app was gone.  I found the data was still there and the .apk file, but no widget.  I had to re-install.  As for Bluetooth, I can send pictures which is an improvement, BUT I cannot figure out how to send a song via bluetooth!  This was no problem using my SE 850i I bought 5 years ago.  Also, I cannot see my laptop from my phone, but the laptop can see the phone and connect.  Ditto for a samsung phone I have.  Most of my settings were disabled like ring tone, message alert, etc, but I had no problem resetting these.  I could not get internet access as data traffic was not working.  I went to my phone service provider and they correct the problem with some additional settings quickly.  I think settings/wireless & networks/mobile networks/access have a minor different which needs tweaking?  There are a couple new widgets that take advantage of Google's map capabilites and gps.  There is now geo tagging, but it says to enable geo tagging from the camera menu.  After much searching I still cannot find the camera menu or when to enable this feature, Help!  Lastly, (for now) the user manual is gone and you must use the online help.  The .emanual folder is in the others folder on the memory card.  You will see this .emanual file is now empty.  I put the files back in here, but it still doesn't work, Help!

Anonymous(anon)

to restore the user manual, try this: http://www.sonyericsson.com/cws/support/softwaredownloads/detailed/restoretheuserguideinyourphone/xp... (this is for the X10, don't know which phone you have. If not the X10 - click "select a different phone (under the phone image) and choose the one you have)

Geotagging: If you have the X10 (large) go to: camera > push the menu button (left/first of the 3 buttons) > chose advanced settings > scroll down and select Geotagging.

Hope this helps.

Anonymous(anon)

I have the x10 Mini Pro.  When I turn on the camera and THEN push the menu button, NOTHING HAPPENS.  No menu comes up.  Perhpas this is a bug with the Mini Pro upgrade?  I don't know?

Thanks!