Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Announcements

What do you think about our community?

Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

Anonymous(anon)

Camera Key not working

In my Xperia X10 mini/pro the Camera Key is not working, when i push camera key there is no action on screen. I have to go in the menu and touch the icon of camera then camera is on. Please tell me some suggestion for this problem.

Oracle
suze

Re: Camera Key not working

I have the X10 and a test X8 and both of them you have to hold the button down for a good 7 to 10 seconds very firmly before it kicks the camera in.  It is very slow to do this, I find my phone is far quicker if I just open the app and then go to take a picture.

Anonymous(anon)

Still is not opening Camera after pressing camera key for 8-10 sec. I ve purchased yesterday only this model.

Oracle
suze

Maybe the functionality is slightly different on the mini pro.  If you are not happy with the way its working you could go back to the retailer where you purchased the phone and get them to check it out or maybe try the functionality on a display model to see what the phones particular set up is.

Hopefully someone will see this thread that has a mini and can confirm for you how it works.  Sorry I was unable to help.

Anonymous(anon)

Hey,

I'm sure that sony has not released a bad product, i think its the probelm wit the way you click the button. Usual buttons on sony are one click which gives u a click feeling when u press it. BUT..!!! The camera key in many sony phones are multi-function and have 2 clicks. Half way through ur push is the 'focus' and u'll really have to jam it in to get to the actuall click which is the 2nd click (which happens when you press it a bit more). Just have a few trial and error sessions with it n i think u'll be quite surprised by its functionality.

Demigod
Er.Kannan

Hey friend, do you mean the launching of camera application? You have to click harder and longer on the camera button to get the application launched.

Message was edited by: Er.Kannan I had a misconception that this feature is not available on Mini Pro. I verified it myself and found that it is possible. Thanks to As# Profile : http://talk.sonyericsson.com/people/As# for the information.

Don't forget to give Kudos and / or mark the correct answer

Anonymous(anon)

I am using the SE X10 mini pro, and the camera key acts as a shortcut button to the camera app. You dont have to touch the screen to get your camera running. Just click the camera button on the side button till you reach the second click. It is not easy to explain how the button functions if you haven's used a SE phone with a camera before, but i'm definite that you can launch the camera app by clicking (press-in till the second click for 2-3 seconds) the camera button on the side of the phone.

Demigod
Er.Kannan

Thanks friend.

Don't forget to give Kudos and / or mark the correct answer

Anonymous(anon)

The Camera key in Xperia Mini Pro has been made to function similar to the one in Digicams. While pressing, when you are halfway done it gets harder and if you continue pressing it, it will open the camera app or click the photograph.

Anonymous(anon)

my x10 mini pro happen some problem,

the camera key became shortcut key.
how to repair it?