Announcements

What do you think about our community?

Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

Anonymous(anon)

Problem With screen after calls on Xperia ARC S

Hello. Firstly i want to apologize for any typing errors that may occour, since my language is not english. i own proudly a Xperia Arc S since December 2011. Recently when i make calls or receive it, i put it on my ear to talk, that's fine, the proximity sensor turns off the screen but when i finish talking the screen stays black but the phone is turned on and i can not access it, not even pressing the turn off button or the home key. it's like the proximity sensor is always on. i have to take out the battery in order to turn on the and use the phone again. I tought it could be a faulty proximity sensor, but i entered the code *#*#7378423#*#* to access the service menu and test it, but it works fine. I've tried also repair software on the PC Companion. It reseted the phone to defaults but the problem still stands. Does anyone has an idea what it might be? Could it be software related? thank you for your answers.

Forum Legend
uliwooly

Re: Problem With screen after calls on Xperia ARC S

do you have a protective case?

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Anonymous(anon)

No. i have a screen protector but there's nothing in front or near the proximity sensor. also i don't know if it does make a difference but i have avg antivirus pro with "built-in" taskiller.

Forum Legend
uliwooly

yes it does, you don't need antivirus nor taskillers. repair your phone with SUS and see if that help, don't install any app

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Forum Legend
uliwooly

Update Service (SUS)

http://www-support-downloads.sonymobile.com/Software%20Downloads/Update_Service_Setup-2.11.12.5.exe

Anonymous(anon)

Ok will do that. but no app. games? nothing?

Forum Legend
uliwooly

just repair the phone and try to make calls, see if you get the same issue w/o any extra apps, games, etc

Anonymous(anon)

when i repaired the software the last time it didn't make this issue on the first days. is it possible that has anything due to cache or something? i'll charge the phone so i can repair it and the i'll telll you something.

Forum Legend
uliwooly

most likely its an app, you don't need taskillers, they do more harm than they really help your phone

Anonymous(anon)

I repaired the software. it seems to be working fine, but no way to guarantee it. i'll be using the phone and making calls throughout the week and then i come back to tell you something. thanks a lot for your help.