Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Announcements

What do you think about our community?

Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

One time poster
cbasdk

Re: Xperia V random freeze in standby

I have both bugs then + one when moving from 1 known wifi lokation to another eg home and work, it still shows the last connected network and will not connect to a known network on the new location. so battery in and out again. so in 20 days approx 30 hard resets, i am so dissapointed with this "high end phone" updated to FW 9.0.1.D.0.10, but still problems :smileycry:

One time poster
cbasdk

i am not shure that i want a sony phone again!!! they havent even acknowledged that there is a problem, so maby they should bring in the Ericsson guys again :smileylaugh:, so sony, please respond!!!!!

Visitor
fucini

i have waken up late, and hence came to work late 3 times, due to this "sleep of death" problem on my Xperia V. Can't imagine after so many years using the phone as alarm clock, now i have to rely on the mechanic alarm clock again.

In post #47, Sony Xperia support mentioned that the issue was being investigated with high priority. Any update?

One time poster
hernit

I actually sees three problems, but not sure how they are related:

1) The standard sleep of death, where it most commonly occur when the phone is in deep sleep for a while. I have encounter it with both charger in or out but most commonly with the charger in.

2) Some rogue process using the cpu and draiing the battery - this also causes the high heat issue. I see my Android OS process using more battery than the screen in normal usage, and that just feels wrong. I turned off Google's locational reporting which sort of improved this area a bit.

3) Wifi buggy - it sometimes fail to update or see network changes, drop the existing connecting network, or can't turn on and off. I have encounter instances where the phone starts to freeze then perform a hard reboot when the wifi stops transmitting. I have a feeling this bugginess may contribute to the sleep of death issue.

One time poster
marcus_ec

Agree also on 3, noticed yesterday...More problem i 1 week vs Iphone 2.5 years!

One time poster
staffan80

Hi,

I need to take my statement back :=(. The issue has returned for me even with the the firmware FW 9.0.1.D.0.10. The phone has died 3 times now after the firmware upgrade. I have never gotten the problem that the phone drains the battery. The phone simpy dies and you have to pull the battery to get it going again!

My phone can die booth during charging and on battery. Please Sony make this your nr 1 top priority!

Theres not much point having a phone that you dont trust :=(

Kind regards Staffan

One time poster
Nieboski

I got mine Xperia in the beginning of December in Denmark and it freezed already on the first night. And the second as well. So I sent it back to the shop for repair. I got it back with a note saying it has been updated and the repairshop was not able to replicate the error. Hence, sending it back to the shop won't do you any good, at least in Denmark.

I experienced the freeze with and without any applications installed (hence it shouldn't be any not-pre-installed app), mostly over night. During the day it would only happen if I haven't touch the phone for a couple of hours. I don't have any data connection on, so it's not WiFi or 3G/LTE. So, I would go with "1", from hernit's post.

One time poster
hernit

Just for laugh (or cry in this case), this was the battery stats from my phone yesterday, sitting on my desk not being touch all day from 7am.

Screenshot_2013-01-15-17-31-20.png

Screenshot_2013-01-15-17-31-27.png

It rebooted around midday without my knowledge and battery status went from ~80% to ~20% in one reboot. As you can see from the history details, neither the screen, cpu nor the GPS were on before that. I have this phone for a couple of weeks now, and the battery should been calibrated by now.

I really need to know whether Sony has a fix in place soon for all these bugs in regards to the Xperia V. Right now all I have is a device that can't be reliable enough for standby phone or alarm clock duties, nor have the stability as a portable device due the battery. It is close to useless for me, and I need to know whether I should be seeking a replacement phone that can function as a phone.

DNB
One time poster
DNB

Hi! All,

It is frustrating that my phone is with the SONYservice centre since 22 Dec and there is as yet no idea of what has happened, when the phone will be returned/replaced etc.

When queried, I get the stock answer that it can take more than 14 working days....?

The problems are similar to what has been posted here of frequent and random rebooting. Obviously it seems that this is a problem without a solution as I do not see any Sony expert advise on what should be done. I think as someone suggested they should just recall the machines and replace these with the newer model (unless that has the same bug carried over)) !!!!

The irony in the whole thing is that I am presently using an adaptor and an old Ericsson phone which was powered up after being idle for several years... and works...the only limitation being is 2G only but what the heck, I can remain in touch. I could of course buy a second hand better model but why when I am already on a contract....

In the meantime my service provider of course charges me for the monthly contract fee for LTE / NFC and what else not... what a shame... :-( 

One time poster
PathFinder

Hi all,

I just wanna provide some information for this issue.

Actually I do not suffer from any SOD issue at all for more than 231 hours with the following behavior.

• Enable Wifi only when the is screen on
  • Do not charge overnight
  • Default off for the following services
    • Extended Standby Mode
    • Mobile BRAVIA Engine 2
    • NFC
    • Bluetooth

I am currently using a 4G LTE network but force my phone to use WCDMA only.

Hope this can help for the troubleshooting.

Screenshot_2013-01-16-10-44-28.pngScreenshot_2013-01-16-10-44-50.pngScreenshot_2013-01-16-10-45-03.png