Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Announcements

What do you think about our community?

Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

One time poster
jorrne18

Xperia V on Philippine Market

I have received a reply from one of the support of Sony regarding when Xperia V will be available, see email below.

Sony Mobile

Dear Mr Cana,

Thank you for contacting Sony Xperia Support. We are happy with your enthusiasm in purchasing our products. We value the importance of your concern and we are here to assist you.

In response to your query we would like to inform you that the Xperia V would be released in the Philippines in January 2013 and we still do not have the price for it.

For more information about our products and services, you may logon to our website www.sonymobile.com or you may contact our customer service hotlines 1-800-1-853-7669 or 479-9777.

Kind Regards,

Mark Ferdinand

Sony Xperia Support

Why so late??

One time poster
jorrne18

Re: Xperia V on Philippine Market

Is this because the LTE version won't be released here? even though we have LTE?

Forum Legend
uliwooly

different markets different release dates, but I would take that with a grain of salt as there's no official release date anywhere in the world so far.

Don't forget to mark the Correct Answers & Helpful Answers

unrelated topic, if you have some time please check this thread

http://talk.sonymobile.com/thread/44888

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Master
nolramlb

excited much..? me too! :smileyhappy:

One time poster
jorrne18

a bit yeah, since I've read the thread above, I may no longer pursue V, Now that I have proof that Sony phones are indeed disposable phones, I think I won't get my money's worth. I am not completely turning my back to Sony, I just wanted them to prove to their customers why we should continue buying their phones.

Here I am again ranting LOL :smileyhappy:

One time poster
almightybong

I got excited with the Xperia V's specs as well, but I was really hoping that it would have a screen almost synonymous to Xperia T or larger.  I can't understand why Sony Mobile won't make a smartphone that has it all.  They are calling Xperia T the flagship, but it does not have ClearAudio, ClearPhase, sensor-on-lens, HDR, etc., which the V has.  I know they are trying to cater to consumers from low to high brackets but flagships should be understandably expensive.  If people really wants to go for it because it has the topnotch specs, then they would buy it no matter how expensive it is.  I hope we can get a better understanding of the marketing strategy of Sony.  Right now, all I can think of is that the marketing department of the company is being paid by Apple -- their goal is to turn people away from Sony.

I am quite happy with my Xperia S for now, but I am so ready to replace it with Sony's next real flagship, if it ever comes.  I'm guessing another flagship is due out on March (a year after the S has been launched), so I'm gonna wait for whatever Sony has under their sleeves because I'm still yet to be impressed despite the wave of new phones coming out.  I'll just keep enjoying my Xperia S and Xperia Tablet S (which will arrive in a week's time) until the next REAL innovation comes out.

One time poster
jorrne18

I'm ok with the specs of Xperia V. However, I've been thinking that Sony will definitely release a quadcore phone, with great specs, remove the image compession (i hope) and a great design. The question there is when? And will they be able to fix the issues their consumers are encountering when updating their OS?

One time poster
butz007

Hopefully this device reaches us here in the Philippines, we're already have an LTE services here, newly offered by Smart and Globe, but its freakingly expensive contract... , I'm hoping it would be an open sim and not an absolute contract with the local carriers, just like what they did on Sony Experia Ion which is also an LTE device but it was offer here in the Philippines (open-sim) :smileysilly:, i'm pretty excited

One time poster
almightybong

Yes, and as I mentioned on my reply on another post, CES is just a few weeks away from happening, and we are most likely to get wind of the 2013 lineup anytime soon.  I guess the Xperia V's lead time over the next flagship is just too short for this amazing phone to be on the spotlight long enough.

One time poster
gilbert

Wow! These Sony dual-core phones can match quad-core performance.

http://www.gsmarena.com/sony_xperia_tx_t_and_v_benchmarks_are_here_promising_too-news-4722.php