Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

Announcements

What do you think about our community?

Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

One time poster
Smellyglove

Stamina mode for Xperia V? / Battery drains fast.

"With such powerful functionality, the Xperia V also comes with Sony’s unique Battery STAMINA Mode, a feature that can increase standby time up to 4 times more. Developed specifically to address consumer demand for longer smartphone battery life, this extended standby mode works intelligently in the background by temporarily disabling WiFi, data traffic and apps when the screen is on sleep mode. Calls, messaging functions and notifications will still work. When the screen is touched again, all functions go back up.

“Battery STAMINA Mode is easy to use and offers more savings than other similar power saving apps today. There are actually no comparable apps on Google Play since they cannot change the Android system. Battery STAMINA Mode is achieved via deeper integration into the Android OS. This allows Xperia V users to enjoy more hours on the fastest LTE connection available,” explained Larraga."

http://www.tempo.com.ph/2013/01/water-and-dust-resistant-sony-xperia-v-sets-trend-for-on-the-go-styl...

I can't find this Stamina Mode. Did someone writing this article type a V instead of a Z?

My phone has now been disconnected from the charger for two and a half hour, and my battery is down to 87%. Wifi has been turned on and I've been looking for this Stamina Mode, and other ways to conserve battery for maybe twenty minutes, but isn't this battery drain redicilous?

One time poster
Smellyglove

Re: Stamina mode for Xperia V? / Battery drains fast.

The phone has been in airplane mode, and haven't been used since my last post. Now the battery is 73%..

I'm giving this Xperia back and going for a S3.

One time poster
Ollz

If you've just recently received your phone it might take a few full charge-cycles for the battery to reach its full performance.

One time poster
Smellyglove

Well, I had to charge it twice a day, and the performance was still sub-par. Anyhow, I don't own this phone anymore.

One time poster
veronicalindmark

Hi, regarding "extended standby mode works intelligently in the background by temporarily disabling WiFi, data traffic and apps when the screen is on sleep mode. Calls, messaging functions and notifications will still work. When the screen is touched again, all functions go back up"

you can activate this function under "settings-power/battery, and tick in the box for extended standbymode... this is what is explained in the article above :smileyhappy:

i am using this mode and i think my battery power is better than without :smileyhappy:

good luck!!

One time poster
odazy

i use extended standby mode and can go 12 hours with only 2% battery drain. just because you have trouble with the phone doesnt mean it isnt good.

One time poster
butz007

I used Extented Standby Mode too on my Xperia V... its really helps me through the day.... but just remember this an LTE device, most of all LTE devices nowadays were totally a battery drainer, once its the LTE radio turn-on....

thats also the problem from other manufacturers and not for android devices also on recently iphone5 with LTE enabled....

This is the reason why sony's offer few alternatives and tweaks than any other devices...

for Sony Xperia handset we got "Extented Standby Mode" I guess the "Battery STAMINA Mode" were already a modification of it but exclusively only for Jelly Bean, which sooner or later we will able to have it for Xperia V.... but the concept were pretty much the same...

Once your phone get into screen off, it disabled some of its battery consuming activities such wifi, auto-sync, etc etc... it only leaves for two important function which is the call and sms messaging...

Another thing

Tried to considered the hardware bundled info whenever we've planning to purchase an specific phone

Sony Xperia just got an average - 1750 mAh battery honestly its not sufficient for an LTE enabled devices...

But on the bright side....

The Battery were replacable...

you could purchase a 1800mAh extended battery from Mugen exclusively only for Sony Xperia V or if it is not enough, how about 3600mAh extended battery also from Mugen... :smileysilly:

cheers!

One time poster
geranatali

guys, my xperia v before the software update to jelly bean were switching off the gsm-network or even the phone after a 24hours of work without a charging...

will see what will happen after the update.

One time poster
geranatali

now it's ok. the stamina works well.

My phone can keep working 24-30 hours.

One time poster
Wirelinovets

Hello,

My phone is packed with Jelly Bean.  This was a complete disaster. It was hanging up often

and one battery charge did last for just half a day.

I have installed all programs I need from google play store and

DISABLED most of GOOGLE SERVICES on my phone.

Now phone is stable and the battery charge is enough for 2  days of work without recharge.