Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

Announcements

What do you think about our community?

Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

One time poster
lowkokfong

Sony xperia v yellowish screen (again as xperia s)

I am from penang, malaysia, i just bought my xperia v last 2 days, 21 April 2013, and my xperia v screen is yellowish. i take it to compare my father's xperia go, xperia go have much more accurate colour then xperia v, can you believe it? i guess xperia v just face similar case like xperia s. I take it to sony authorised agent, but the sony authourised agent refuse to help me, and said it is free from defect product, and show me another xperia v, with much more yellowish screen. what happening?

One time poster
cmlam88

Re: Sony xperia v yellowish screen (again as xperia s)

will Xperia V get the firmware update include the White balance function like xperia z or sp to get fix the yellowish screen?Pls advise.

One time poster
lowkokfong

Now i know what happening to xperia v now, the reason we got xperia v with yellowish screen is because xperia v have 3 version of screen, sony panel, sharp panel and china made panel.

check this out, http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2200397

Poor quality control, just wanna cut cost and not concern of quality, they sell China version to most of ASEAN country, without quality control. Does Sony think all ASEAN is fool and unable to differentiate this poor and no quality control China made LCD panel, and sell all poor quality products to ASEAN user? Discrimination!

Actually, not only xperia v, as i know with proven, xperia is same case else well.

One time poster
GoJohnnyGo

Hi lowkokfong:

Have you brought up the issue with your vendor?  Did you contact your Regional Sony Support and/or Customer Service?  I bet you could probably exchange it for another.

I have yet to run across a yellow screen on a V; however, I have seen such with Samsung phones.

Please keep us posted. Thanks.

One time poster
lowkokfong

Hi Johnny:

I does brought up this issue to vendor, vendor said they cant do anything, ask me proceed to Sony customer service. Sony customer service in my state provide very poor service, they keep on persue me this is not a problem, come on, the screen is very yellowish still he claim this is normal. They just want to avoid their losses and cost.

Well, the service centre provide me an alternative, which is keep my phone with them for 1 month, and allow them to check. yes, they said 1 month, so i have 1 month without phone, how "brilliant" they are. If few days, still acceptable. i request for refund, since i just bought it 3 days, but they not allowed.

I already send my complaint to Malaysia Sony head quarter, it is almost 1 week, if they still not yet settle my case, i will complaint to consumer association, and make annoucement on magazine, inform customers not to buy Sony products.

My brother is Intel validator, he also test for colour reproduce from intel processor. He told me this display is yellowish, it shouldnt sell in market because it is not suitable to human eye.

I was so fed up. I thought Sony is selling best product, but now i was so dissapointed.

The xperia go i bought before is much more better than my xperia v. i also take my xperia go to compare to xperia go which is lastest stock available in market, new batch of xperia go is also yellowish screen and very lag. I cant understand why same model, but different quality. i think Sony is cheating its consumers.

One time poster
lowkokfong

Check this out, i take this picture. xperia v compare xperia go, xperia go have even better screen.

SAM_7047-2-1.jpgSAM_7050-1.jpg

Community Manager
Johan

I'm sorry to hear. You can find more information about display color and brightness in the warranty documents for the phone.

To determine if this is a defect or not it will need to be checked at a repair center.

sony_logo126x24.gif
What are your thoughts about this forum? Let us know by doing this short survey.

One time poster
lowkokfong

Thank you Johan, i make complaint to Malaysia headquarter already, but haven't get reply from them yet. Wish Sony can do something for me, i am suffering yellowish screen everyday. :smileysad:

One time poster
GoJohnnyGo

lowkokfong:

Thanks for the detailed info and pics. It certainly helps that you have tech in your family. :smileyhappy:  Your brother's professional opinion will add much credit to your claim. 

Have you tried calling Malaysia HQ?

Malaysia- English

‎1-800-88-7666‎(Toll Free)

http://www.sonymobile.com/my/support/contact-us/contact-info/

One time poster
lowkokfong

Thank you Johnny, i does make complaint to Sony HQ.

It is about third working day i make complaint, hope Sony can do something to me. :smileysad:

I plan to wait more 4 days, if Sony still not reply me, i will make complaint to consumer association.

Ya, thanks to my 2 brothers, 1 is Electronic engineer, another is programmer. Both of them also said, this is some how just like a old LCD. i wondering what will happen if 1 more year i use it, whole screen become yellow @@. So upset.