Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Announcements

What do you think about our community?

Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

Anonymous(anon)

Re: What's the difference between the U's phone memory and the internal storage?

OK, we'll be waiting! :smileyhappy:

Forum Legend
uliwooly

Re: What's the difference between the U's phone memory and the internal storage?

this is intriguing, I would say it has 4GB for the user to stored anything and the other 4GB are divided between OS and perhaps app space.

http://www.sonymobile.com/gb/products/phones/xperia-u/specifications/

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Anonymous(anon)

So, what you're trying to say is the 2 GB system memory is for the OS and the 2 GB phone memory is for apps?

Forum Legend
uliwooly

exactly

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Anonymous(anon)

Are you sure about this? Because if you are, I would choose your reply as the correct answer. :smileyhappy:

Forum Legend
uliwooly

that'll be great but you can wait for confirmation from Johan, but if you check the link

http://www.sonymobile.com/gb/products/phones/xperia-u/specifications/

Memory

• Internal phone storage: 8GB (up to 4GB user-accessible memory)
  • RAM: 512 MB

it will add up 4GB for music and pictures and the other 4GB subdivided 2GB for Android and 2GB for apps

System memory 2 GB

Phone memory 2 GB

Internal storage 4 GB

Anonymous(anon)

Apparently it's taking him a while to confirm. :smileyplain:

Anonymous(anon)

I read this from xperiablog.net regarding Xperia U's memory:

"The Sony Xperia U only has 8GB of in-built flash storage and no micro-SD memory card slot. Only 6GB of this is user accessible with 2GB of this allocated to phone memory for apps, data and games and the balance for media."

http://www.xperiablog.net/2012/03/06/xperia-u-our-hands-on-impressions/

According to this, U has 6 GB of user accessible memory, where 4 GB is the internal storage where user data is stored and the 2 GB is the phone memory where only apps and apps data can be stored. I do not know if this is true but it sounds probable.

Forum Legend
uliwooly

I was right :smileyhappy:

Anonymous(anon)

I cannot mark your reply as the correct answer yet, though. We need the confirmation. :smileyhappy: