Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

Announcements

What do you think about our community?

Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

Anonymous(anon)

Re: What's the difference between the U's phone memory and the internal storage?

OK, we'll be waiting! :smileyhappy:

Forum Legend
uliwooly

Re: What's the difference between the U's phone memory and the internal storage?

this is intriguing, I would say it has 4GB for the user to stored anything and the other 4GB are divided between OS and perhaps app space.

http://www.sonymobile.com/gb/products/phones/xperia-u/specifications/

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Anonymous(anon)

So, what you're trying to say is the 2 GB system memory is for the OS and the 2 GB phone memory is for apps?

Forum Legend
uliwooly

exactly

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Anonymous(anon)

Are you sure about this? Because if you are, I would choose your reply as the correct answer. :smileyhappy:

Forum Legend
uliwooly

that'll be great but you can wait for confirmation from Johan, but if you check the link

http://www.sonymobile.com/gb/products/phones/xperia-u/specifications/

Memory

• Internal phone storage: 8GB (up to 4GB user-accessible memory)
  • RAM: 512 MB

it will add up 4GB for music and pictures and the other 4GB subdivided 2GB for Android and 2GB for apps

System memory 2 GB

Phone memory 2 GB

Internal storage 4 GB

Anonymous(anon)

Apparently it's taking him a while to confirm. :smileyplain:

Anonymous(anon)

I read this from xperiablog.net regarding Xperia U's memory:

"The Sony Xperia U only has 8GB of in-built flash storage and no micro-SD memory card slot. Only 6GB of this is user accessible with 2GB of this allocated to phone memory for apps, data and games and the balance for media."

http://www.xperiablog.net/2012/03/06/xperia-u-our-hands-on-impressions/

According to this, U has 6 GB of user accessible memory, where 4 GB is the internal storage where user data is stored and the 2 GB is the phone memory where only apps and apps data can be stored. I do not know if this is true but it sounds probable.

Forum Legend
uliwooly

I was right :smileyhappy:

Anonymous(anon)

I cannot mark your reply as the correct answer yet, though. We need the confirmation. :smileyhappy: