Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Announcements

What do you think about our community?

Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

VishnuThampan

Unlocking boot loader issue

Hello friends..Recently I tried to unlock bootloader in my XPERIA U..I followed the steps from http://talk.sonymobile.com/thread/48798  But my system does not detect fast boot driver.I can not install the driver from the dowloaded, extracted fastboot file....Pls help please. . .

Forum Legend
uliwooly

Re: Unlocking boot loader issue

are you allowed to unlock your bootlader>?

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

One time poster
mevicks

Its a headache to install the fastboot drivers on some machines! Although my win 7 laptop did not pose any serious issues with the driver installation, getting it to work on my Desktop was a headache.

Assuming that you have win 7 installed... Try these tricks and post the results (might work with win xp too)

1. Download http://www.sonymobile.com/in/tools/pc-companion/ run the installer and complete the process. After that connect xperia u (XU) to ur machine in normal mode, fastboot mode and all the other damn modes you can remember. This is to ensure that you have the latest drivers via sony itself without any headaches :smileywink: , then try your original boot loader locking procedure and see if it works.

2. If the above trick doesnt help, do this:

Disconnect XU and open up Device Manager and keep it open. (_BE QUICK IN THIS STEP_), connect the XU and device manager should show up a Fast boot unknown device option.. QUICKLY right click this unknown fast boot device (name might be S1boot or something like that), select update driver and browse to the downloaded driver folder and select the drivers... see if this works..

VishnuThampan

Ya..It is allowed

VishnuThampan

These things , I have already checked out..Now I am trying these in XP....

VishnuThampan

Is it necessory to turn on usb debugging mode??

VishnuThampan

I have installed driver..But problem is I don't know what to do next...I have got my bootloader unlock key via e-mail.It is said to type some commands in command prompt with the key..But it says "command not recognized-external or internal command"

One time poster
mevicks

Connect XU in fastboot mode, then browse to the \sdk\platform-tools folder within the android sdk folder. There you will find the fastboot.exe executable. Run it in command line and run the following commands:

Enter fastboot.exe -i 0x0fce getvar version, and verify that you get a response back (for example "0.3"). This means your device is connected properly.
..enter fastboot.exe -i 0x0fce oem unlock 0xKEY, where KEY is the unlock boot loader key you got in the beginning of this instruction (This is the key you got in ur email). The boot loader should now be successfully unlocked.

You can read the official instructions here

Commissioner
Fahim715

Yupp.. open command line on that file while pressing shift + right click

Apprentice
SpirosM

Hello, from where can I download the drivers for my fast boot devise you refered to ?