Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Announcements

What do you think about our community?

Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

One time poster
Geffry

Some earphones not working

Hi all

I noticed that some earphones don't work at all on my xperia u. I tried apple earphones and a pair of monster beats (don't rember the model) and when plugged in in both cases nothing happened at all on the phone and the music continued to play through speaker.  Then i tried with other earphones (the one from SONY that came with the phone, a pair of sennheiser and the earphone that cames out with lg optimus 7, a windows phone) and in this case the earphones worked flawless. Obviously the first earphones were working on other devices. Is my xperia u broken or there is a sort of incompatibility? Can anyone with a pair of apple earphones chek out if on their xperia u they are working?

Trustee
Francis

Re: Some earphones not working

Hello Geffry

The 2011 and earlier SE phones used the OMTP standard for the 3.5 mm jack. The 2012 line up uses the CTIA standard instead.

The OMTP and the CTIA standards are not compatible out-of-the-box, you will need an adapter to make them work together.

Check this post for more info:

http://talk.sonymobile.com/thread/31455

Hope this helps.

Francis.