Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Announcements

What do you think about our community?

Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

One time poster
hamede6

SONY XPERIA U ( UPDATE)

hi, my name is hamed eslami . i'm from iran . i have a sony xperia u . but i can't update to Android 4.0 !!!
now what i'm doing ?

Trustee
Annie

Re: SONY XPERIA U ( UPDATE)

Can you please tell us what happens once you try to update the phone?

One time poster
hamede6

When I connect the sony xperia u to the computer and the Sony PC Companion try to update my phone says phone is update while my Android  phone version is 2.3 !

Bardia

Dear Hamed.I'm Iranian too.they didn't release it yet for Part Number 1261-8812.
Not Just Iran !!!

btw,I like to speak persian but as you know it's against of Forum's laws :smileyhappy:

Bardia

When you release it for ST 1261-8812 ?! Are you Forget it ?!

One time poster
hamede6

I've updated my phone with Flashtools to Android 4.0.4 .

But I feel a little my mobile slow , i think update phone via the sony official website it would be solve the issue.

One time poster
hamede6

خوب داداش منم خیلی دوست دارم به فارسی باهم صحبت کنیم.

من با نرم افزار سونی هر کاری کردم بروز نشد با فلش تولز به آندروید 4 بروز کردم و راضی هم هستم و هیچ مشکلی باهاش ندارم

فقط احساس می کنم نسبت بهه قبل کمی کند شده.

خواستم اینجا تاپیک رو مطرح کنم تا به فکر انتشار نسخه خاورمیانه و زبان فارسی باشن

و اگه مشکلی در جهت بروز رسانی از طریق نرم افزار دارن برزرفش کنن تا دیگرهموطنان اذیت نششن و هزینه زیادی بابت بروز رسانی ندن!!

One time poster
zvorkapic

I would not. Your phone would still be slow if you used PC companion or SUS since you flashed the same thing that PCC or SUS would flash.

You should've done your homework before jumping to ICS as manny have.

The ICS provided by Sony has some seriuos issues in terms of speed, freezing, lagging, multitasking, camera and so on and so on. You can read about it all over this and manny other forums.

All you can read are complaints. I haven't seen any sentence that had any positive comentary on Sony given ICS.
This might be the reason why many SI numbers still haven't received ICS.

Sony on the other hand does not want to admit the released a bad software update.

Back in December 2012 Sony announced that they had started rolling out some new ICS update that should fix the problems. That was said in December 2012. After 3 months, that update is still nowhere to bee seen.

If you are unsatisfied with your phone on ICS, which I belive you are, I suggest flashing the GB back using flashtool.
You can find a clean and unbranded ROM here

http://rapidshare.com/files/2888691942/ST25i_6.0.B.3.184_Bonbon.ftf

It's from an unbranded and SIM lock free device, picked up from PC sompanion.

I have also reverted back to GB (the rom I linked above) after a few weeks with ICS and it works like a charm.

Sincerely.

One time poster
hamede6

you said go back to the previous version?

ok, Where can I get the official version (Android 4.0.4) , which is no problem?

My main problem is When I connect the sony xperia u to the computer and the Sony PC Companion try to update my phone says phone is update while my Android  phone version is 2.3 !!!!

One time poster
zvorkapic

I'm affraid you didn't understand me.

You can get the official sony android 404 here

http://rapidshare.com/files/2121456398/ST25i_6.1.1.B.1.10_Bonbon.ftf

unbranded/simfree

But there is no Sony ICS that has NO PROBLEM. Such thing does not exist.

Every Sony ics (b10,b54,c10..) and so on has many problems and they are all pretty much the same, except some are branded (c10 per instance is T-mobile branded) or meant for different regions of the world.

There is not one single Sony ICS room that is bug-free. They are all badly developed.

My suggestion to you is to return to Gingerbreade (2.3) and keep it untill Sony delivers a working ICS rom, which will hopefuly be soon. Aldough, I think we won't see that happening.

Or go and install another ICS rom and enjoy lags and unresponsivnes. Whatever works for you.