Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.
It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.
2012-10-15 10:22 AM
Guys n specially Sony Team plz tell me whether the Local Sony Service Center can Downgrade my updated(ICS) Sony Xperia U to my old Gingerbread as i m totally dissatisfied and disappointed with the ICS update.
The major Disappointing factor is the 1) CAMERA, which was one of the reason i bought Xperia U, but after ICS update its quality actually detoriated, lot of noise, poor processing and image improving, delay in capturing and the camera after switchin on if u move camera its something like motion! i didnt like it.
2) Even the brightness is very low( i guess this is the one reason how sony improved battery life!!)
3) appearance is great but overall ICS slowed down the gadget.
4) some benchmarking apps showed my Xperia U above well known Smartphones.(Proud Feeling!!!)
5) ICS introduced the walkman audio player ( still the older player was better)
6) by removing Gallery option Sony made this Smartphone TOTALLY MESS!!!! previously each pic n vid was segregated in folders.
7) lastly i cant understand why sony does this, why cant the Birthdays mentioned in Contacts Sync wiht Calender???? this option was in my old Sony Ericsson K750i.
SonyEricsson(now Sony) was the best Brand for me, but nowadays i feel everything was good till SONY had Ericsson Attached with it. SONY Plz. dont disappoint us.
Solved! Go to Solution.
2012-10-16 01:45 AM
You would be best to speak with your local Sony Xperia Support Team regarding this:
What are your thoughts about this forum? Let us know by doing this short survey.
2012-10-16 12:54 PM
Today i visited Sony Service Center, they told me irrespective of Warranty i have to pay for Downgrading Android( ok!) but they said the required software is not available to them, probably it will be there in next week.
2012-10-16 01:06 PM
Do it yourself in flashtool, it's only ~3 clicks! Ofcourse only if you have a backup of your original GB software. If you don't care about your previous GB version, you can download and instal diferent GB ROM which you can find on the internet.
2012-10-25 12:30 AM
Really guys. You don't need to do all that.
1) First, try this: go to settings,programming options, force GPU composition (the descriptions is "Use 2D hardware aceleration in applications").
If you don't notice any difference I really suggest you do a factory reset. Why? because there's a huge difference between the two Operating systems so you should do it. I did it (and the factory reset) and it really made the difference!
So to do it, make a backup copy of all your files first. Then go to settings and do the factory reset (you can choose if you want to keep the files from your supposed card like images, videos and musics).
After the reset restore your backup. You should be given a warning message that some files cannot be restored. See the details and take note of the apps you had installed. Cancel the backup and install those apps one by one from the play store.
Start the restore again and now you should notice that there's no warning now so you can proceed normally your backup.
Now go to settings and repeat step 1).
You have you Xperia U much quicker! It really worked for me, and the smartphone is so fast as with Gingerbread!
Message was edited by: JonasFilipe9