Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
One time poster
eric1701

ultraviolet streaming

Is anyone having problems streaming ultraviolet movies?

Forum Legend
uliwooly

Re: ultraviolet streaming

elaborate on your issues

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

One time poster
eric1701

i get a pop up error. i'm using the flixster app to play my ultraviolet movies. The error message says "Playback Problem...Unable to play movie on this deivce for security reasons, please try again. We have logged this error and are working to resolve the problem" According to the Flixster and Ultraviolet websites the Sony Xperia Z is supported for streaming.

Forum Legend
uliwooly

that's odd, what if you use a different app?

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.sonypictures&hl=en

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

One time poster
eric1701

the app only shows sony's trailers for movies currently in theaters or coming soon and in stores. it doesn't have the ultraviolet library.

Forum Legend
uliwooly

is your tablet rooted?

One time poster
eric1701

no the tablet is not rooted. i just bought it brand new on friday.

Forum Legend
uliwooly

and this service its available in your country?

One time poster
eric1701

yes it is. i contacted sony about it and they said its not on their end. its on flixster/ultraviolets app. i hate the blame game companies play with hardware manufacturers and software companies. its always the other company's fault. why not just get with each other and fix the problem? that's what makes a company a great company.

One time poster
eric1701

besides the specs on the tablet z is basically like the xperia z so there shouldnt be a glitch in software to make it work imo.