Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

Announcements

What do you think about our community?

Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

One time poster
camerontylek

Xperia TL screen will not turn on when phone is on

This morning I attempted to wake my phone by pressing the power button and the screen would not turn on.  The phone is on, I can feel vibrations when I randomly tap on the screen, but the screen will not turn on.  I attempted to restart it, and after multiple restarts the screen will not turn on

Forum Legend
uliwooly

Re: Xperia TL screen will not turn on when phone is on

repair your phone with SUS

Update Service (SUS)

http://www.sonymobile.com/gb/tools/update-service/

http://www-support-downloads.sonymobile.com/Software%20Downloads/Update_Service_Setup-2.11.12.5.exe

Alternatives on How to backup Xperias

http://talk.sonymobile.com/thread/36355

Don't forget to mark the Correct Answers & Helpful Answers

unrelated topic, if you have some time please check this thread

http://talk.sonymobile.com/message/244522#244522

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Greenhorn
spectre51

He might not be able to do that just yet as PC Companion and SUS keep reporting no software is available on the Sony Update Engine. I have already reported it on the forums and to my contact at Sony. 

Have you tried holding the power and volume up buttons until you get three quick vibrations.  This is a hard reset similar to pulling the battery on a device with removable battery.  From there you can try turning the phone back on.

Also have you done any customizations to your TL that might have caused an issue?

One time poster
Essiness

Thank you

One time poster
ellasm3

Hey guys,

I just got this issue with my Sony Xperia TL. I've had it since the beginning of November when it first came out, and I just got the upgrade to jelly bean. But tonight I got a text message, went to open it and my screen didn't turn on. I could hear the volume control was working, as well as the vibrations, the LED Blinker and the camera, As a matter of fact you can tell that the screen back light turns on just nothing happens. I really need help I don't know what to do. I tried resetting my phone with the volume+ and the power button, I also tried re-installing the software and pretty much anything else I can find and yet nothing worked. I'm going to call Sony tomorrow and see what I can do but if you guys know anything in the mean time please let me know.

Forum Legend
uliwooly

@ellasm3 if you bought this phone through at&t contact them first.

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

One time poster
m1k3s-m1k3s

Hey guys I think I have a solution to your guys problems! I also have the AT&T Xperia TL30at. I also bought it in November and I had similar issues but some differences. Now my phone , out of nowhere, was freezing then the home button keys went away then the screen went blank.

When this happens follow these directions as follows :

1. Plug in charger for about a minute then press the lock button a few times

2. Take the charger out for about 10 seconds

3. Then plug charger back in and if the screens backlight shines continuously take out charger then let the battery die. 

4. When battery dies plug in charger and the Sony logo should show up on screen.

This may not work for all xperia tl phones for they might have different issues but it is worth a try.

One time poster
nazism

Hi all,

I am experiencing the exact same problem on my LT30p, ever since upgrading to Android 4.1.2...

Is there a solution to our problem? Can we not just simply revert to ICS

One time poster
HuzefaKL

I have a 2 month old Xperia T (LT30p). It has been working fine till today. The phone screen doesn't switch back on after it gets locked. I know the phone is on as I can feel the vibrations and hear sounds, but just can't get the display to work. Even after a hard boot and s/w reinstall i am unable toget rid of this issue. Need help!

One time poster
nazism

Is anyone else using LT30p experiencing this problem?

Is it android 4.1.2?

My phone was glitch free for about 5 hours but the problem seems to have reoccured.

Help us! Please!