Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

Announcements

What do you think about our community?

Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

One time poster
stakenhielm

Xperia T won't charge/reset/turn on

I'm experiencing the same problem above with my brand new Experia T. I ran the battery down to zero and after that I can't charge it or the phone does not respond at all. I have tried all the above with no success. I have tried three different micro USB cables, two different chargers as well as charging it from my laptop USB. It seems like the phone won't charge (it remains cold) and connect to the computer at all. The reset function volume up + power does not have any effect. When I push the power button the LED is only blinking red. Please advice on the best way to a functioning phone.

Community Manager
Johan

Re: Xperia T won't charge/reset/turn on

If the phone runs completely out of battery it can take up to one hour of charging via wall socket before you can turn it on again.

sony_logo126x24.gif
What are your thoughts about this forum? Let us know by doing this short survey.

One time poster
RhycM

I have the exact same problem but my phone did not run out of battery, i went to bed last night with 37% and when i woke up my phone was off, i assumed it was out of battery and tried to charge it, but nothing happened. I then did some research and swtiched it on using the power button and volume button and suprisingly apparently i still had the same amount of battery and my phone still will not charge.

One time poster
diGGity

I had the similar problem.. I bought my phone.. came at home.. at night turn the alarm on the XPERIA T.. in the morning i woke up..phone was off.I couldn't turn it on, reset function didn't work and nothing else either.Just flashing blue led light every 3-4 seconds and thats it.I sended phone to the service.Can't belive it rly.. I did not use nor phone 24 hours and it died.

One time poster
mirzargar

Hi everybody,

I just bought my Xperia TX having the latest firmware.

The same problem, when the phone is off then it will not charge AT ALL !!!

Be aware of this faulty version since if you ran out of battery then you would not be able to charge it.

This is a big FAULT of Sony and unfortuantely it is very difficult to find a solution in my country (IRAN) since sony does not have a reliable service center.

SONY is cheating their customers by releasing the faulty products without fully testing.

A professional answer from Sony or other users would be highly apprecited.

One time poster
mr.nicegui

how about this white triangle and a loading below it looks like recovering from error?

how can i fix my phone?., experia tx.,

i rebooted it how many time yet it keeps stil.

i also tried reupdating my phone and nothing happend?.,

i already have this newest version called jelly bean..

please help..thanks.,

One time poster
miffy

Leave the phone on charge.

The triangle will disappear after a few hours.

The system is sorting itself.

One time poster
neilLFC

ive had my phone since november 2012 and charge it nightly,last night i did as usual and it hasnt taken any charge at all.the light doesnt come on indicating that its recieving charge.the battery icon at the top left of the screen however does show the little lightening bolt but the power continues to drop down. am i to assume ive got to return it to the store as it doesnt sort itself out ??

One time poster
sprete98

Just gonna add this here for anyone to see if they google it. My phone wasn't turning on, bought it september 2012 and the issue started today. It's up to date with latest firmware for Rogers. There were no lights at all when I plugged it in.

I then took the usb cable, plugged it into my computer, before connecting my phone to the cable I held the power and the up volume button. It vibrated a few times but nothing happened. I plugged it back into the wall outlet and it worked as normal with half charge.

One time poster
Dumidu

I just turn on it. I know how to fix it now.. If you want to fix this problem.please massage me.