Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

Announcements

What do you think about our community?

Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

One time poster
gtbird

Sony Xperia T wont turn on!

Hi there,

I have the same issue as these people here:

http://talk.sonymobile.com/thread/56467

- Sony Xperia T

- About 6 months old

- Ran out of battery last night

- Next day it doesn't power on

So I've had my SONY Experia T for about 6 months now, and to be honest the further down the line I've had it's been getting worse and worse.

I left my charger at a friends this past weekend, so yesterday It was fully charged in the morning, and by night it had completely run out of battery. Today I ventured out and bought a new micro USB charger for it, even test it in store plugging it in to make sure it was a viable charger, and the red charging indicator turned on, so I bought it. Got back to the office, my phone has now been charging for about 4 hours, and it still wont turn on. The solid red light shows constant while plugged in, try turning it on while connected to the power; blinking twice. Take the phone off the charger, red solid light goes off, with the same blinking twice red light when trying to turn it on.

I've tried various micro USB leads now, into a computer, in at the wall socket, still the phone wont turn on, even after leaving it for a few hours to juice up. I know some replies have said that it might need a 24 hour charge before booting up again, but seriously how many laptops/handhelds/phones need 24 hours charging to even just *turn on* now? An hour should do at least.

Hard reset wont work, just blinking red light. Tried turning it on at the exact same time as I plugged it in to charge like I said a few threads to do, it powered on, got to my home screen, then died straight after, and the solid red light wouldnt even show up anymore once plugged in.

To be honest, this is the worst phone I've had in years. The camera is terrible; won't focus on anything, and the pictures are saturated and noisey; I actually had to download and pay for an app to get atleast some decent pictures out of it, and also whatever material is coated on the back of it has all started to peel off and look haggard all over the back of the phone, even though I've kept it in immaculate condition since buying it. Not only that but the touch screen becomes flakey; occasionaly I will try and unlock my phone from sleep by swiping in my key code and it wont even recognise the touch of my finger. Takes about two mintues of constatnly pressing the power button on and off to sleep and awake the screen before it begins to register touch.

I just feel completely let down by this product. Since when did SONY stop making nice high end products and just churn out stuff like this? Im paying £37 a month for 18 months for this phone that is not living up to its expectations; definetly not worth over £600 of my cash.

Any tips or help in terms of getting this sorted would be muchly appreciated. If not, i'll be taking this back and sending it to SONY.

Thanks in advance.

One time poster
miffy

Re: Sony Xperia T wont turn on!

Well the first thing you need to do is charge it for 24 hours with the supplied mains charger.

But you seem to know better than this.

I think it's a great phone, but I'm only paying £17 a month.

£37 a month...!!! ......they seen you coming.

One time poster
gtbird

It's not that I know better, and I'm not trying to say I know better at all.

I'm just saying if it's a case of a phone once drained needs to be charged for 24 whole hours before it will even turn of or even show signs of life again; thats pretty terrible design. I don't think I've ever owned something that needs that long after completely draining the battery to come back to life.

Also, since I posted that it seems to have gotten worse. Now the red indicator wont even show up at all when the phones plugged in at the mains and connected to the charger.

:smileysad:

One time poster
miffy

Only takes about 2 hours to fully charge it from 15% battery.

And the supplied charger is a specific fast charger.

This may help.

http://talk.sonymobile.com/message/392260#392260

Automatrix77

The 24 hour charging rule is bogus. It should automatically boot up and charge once plugged in and turned on. I've had mine for over 9 months now. No issues. I think you may have just got a lemon. Did you drop it by any chance? My guess could be that the battery may be defective, hence why its not charging. I know some guys have opened the phone and replaced the battery. You can google it and see how it's done. Check Ebay for Xperia T LT30p battery.

One time poster
gtbird

It's never been dropped or had any significant damage done to the phone at all.

It's been on charge at the mains for about 20 hours now, and it still wont turn on, even the red indicator won't flash or stay solid anymore x_o

Off to the o2 store after work to get this sorted. Thanks for your replies!

Automatrix77

To me it sounds like a battery issue. No phone should be plugged in for 20 hours +. Let me know what you find out.

One time poster
sraj

I have got a sony xperia phone which is 6 months old and wont turn ON . it is fully charged and green light is On but it wont turn ON

One time poster
manurooney

I have the same problem the phone is only a couple of months old and only been turned on for the last 3 weeks.Never dropped or damaged in any way I had charged it overnight and went to turn it on mid morning and NADA nothing...Brought it to Fonemenders who took out the battery and charged it seperately then placed it back in phone Updated software and it seemed ok for a few days,This is really annoying as i had an xperia u which worked fine with none of these problems.Now after bringing it back to Fonemenders they have sent it to Sony...In my line of work the phone is vital and to be told another 5=7 days without it is really turning me off the phone.Sony may have dropped the Erickson part of name but are in serious trouble with their reputation if these problems persist SHAME BUT THAT IS WHERE THEY ARE HEADING.........

GPGon

If your phone is doing this either call Sony  +1-877-7XPERIA (1-877-797-3742) and explain what is going on. You're going to need the info from the pull-out tab found in the SIM/SD bay. It will take a few weeks and some Shipping money. OR your provider will probably replace it for free if you can get it to fail infront of them. (PROTIP: Let it die while using it and do not plug it in for a while)

Your phone will very likely get worse until it fails completely. My experiance is here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=43383759#post43383759

Your phone SHOULD charge like everyother phone. If it is acting funny get it replaced ASAP

My replacement it working just fine