Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

Announcements

What do you think about our community?

Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

One time poster
xperia-mike

SD card maximum size

What is the maximum size of SD card this phone xperia T can properly manage?

The Sony support does not respond to answer my question and help me why is a shame. I became a fan of Sony but this is an XL setback.

The phone starts to destroy pictures after while of use approx. 1-2month on the SD-card. It starts with single picture and then like 50-80% are broken right away after taking them. Sometimes they are still shown in the preview of the viewer but then only the "broken maintain". The pictures are also really destroyed and downloading these to a computer makes no difference anymore.

Sony service does not answer the question if it is the phone or the SD card.

Now I am speculating it is the size of SD card which is a 32GB. Help yourself I am testing now a 4GB but hoping I can get an answer to my question. The hd video camera and XL pictures from the camera are filling a 4GB card  pretty fast.

One time poster
miffy

Re: SD card maximum size

32gb is the max size.

Many problems have been reported with different makes of cards.

I had problems with a Sandisk  8gb SDHC  until I put it in my laptop and done a full format to FAT32.

Been ok so far.

Sony Xperia Support
Sony Xperia Support
Sam

Re: SD card maximum size

Any Micro SD card up to 32GB should be fine, in some cases they may need formatting again but this is rare.

What are your thoughts about this forum? Let us know by doing this short survey.