Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

Announcements

What do you think about our community?

Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

One time poster
nicoei

impossible to flash mode to update xperia sp

try a thousand ways but I find it impossible to enter flash mode, try doing what I suggested pc companion, service and flashtool update. according to what I read is that you have to turn on a green light and my me on the blue light. all I do is hold down the volume - the blue light turns me about 10 seconds and I get the sony logo and charges the battery. I hope you can help me thanks

Sony Xperia Support
Alexander

Re: impossible to flash mode to update xperia sp

If you get a blue light it sounds like you holding volume up (+) and not volume (-). If you get a blue light when holding volume down it seems to be something wrong with the phone and it should be examined by a service center. 

For more information about USB connection, check the following thread: 

http://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/FAQ/USB-connection-problems/m-p/348074#U348074

For more information about sending phone to service center, please contact your local support: 

http://www.sonymobile.com/global-en/support/contact-us/

sony_logo126x24.gif
What are your thoughts about this forum? Let us know by doing this short survey.

caiocurvelo

Same problem here, and none of the solutions pointed on the thread worked

Anyone?

Commissioner
prometej-zg

Did you try to update using Sony Update Service (SUS) or just PC Companion?

There are some difference in update procedure between two of them. SUS will erase all your data on phone, while PC Companion won't (or at least it shouldn't!)

Do you use encryption feature on your phone? Some users had problems when updating their phones while encryption feature is used.

Another thing to check.... did you maybe root your phone?

caiocurvelo

I've managed using Windows XP (after installing the PCC, reboot, connect your phone, restart again and only then run the update)

Probably some driver conflict with Windows 8 or something...