Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

Announcements

What do you think about our community?

Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

One time poster
ak.newlife

Xperia SP WIFI range ISSUE

Hi, i have just bought Sp 2 days back

I am facing wifi range problem the device does not catch the range where my other phone catches the range at good wifi signal strength.

the distance is like 3 to 5 meters less then my black berry

Is there any settings that i need to see for the wifi range.

One time poster
hgupta377

Re: Xperia SP WIFI range ISSUE

same problem here...

my xperia sp is unable to detect wifi hotspot from my pc.

but my samsung phone is easily detecting and connecting to that network.

One time poster
ksthey

Having the same problem...

All other devices, including laptop, tablet & other smart phone I own has no such problem...

Read complain about the same problem in other forum as well...

One time poster
ubhi

Just do a factory reset and hopefully the issue will be resolved. I had the same issue with my xperia sp and factory reset worked fine for me.

Sony Xperia Support
Rickard

There's no setting in the phone that increases the wifi range but you could try changing the settings in your router and see if that helps. Start by checking what channel is best to use using this app and then set your router to that channel: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.farproc.wifi.analyzer.

If your router supports both 2.4 and 5GHz, try connecting to the SSID for 2.4GHz instead. 5GHz gives a shorter range.

sony_logo126x24.gif
What are your thoughts about this forum? Let us know by doing this short survey.

One time poster
ak.newlife

Hi,

Ok let me give this option a try .

One time poster
vikigsv

Hi,

Same issue here. Any solutions

One time poster
Cromulent

Sorry to hear about people having wifi problems with the SP. I have been looking for a new phone for ages and thought I'd found it with the Xperia SP. Some of my previous phones have had wifi connectivity issues so I can sympathize, it's crippling.

As a potential Sony customer, I need to know it this problem has become a 'known issue', as appears to be the case with the Xperia S in other threads. I can forgive tons of other niggles in a new phone, ie battery life, screen quality etc but solid wifi is not negotiable and shouldn't be a problem these days.

I will be following this thread, and waiting, with my cruddy old Nokia with the cracked screen.

One time poster
ak.newlife

Hi

let me tell you this I have been using it from some time and,I noticed that my router is bad and not myphone as much as I thought

For testing I took to a plsce where I could get few open WiFi network that to under ground and I say It worked fine it took network fast and worked well I never lost the network it did go up amd down cause of distance but never disconnected

Also I had visited someone who had Belkin router. And were siting 3 room down and the phone still caught the WiFi well with 1 bar

One time poster
Cromulent

Hi ak.newlife. Glad to hear you're having some success. Wifi certainly depends on the quality of both ends of the connection. My router is going on 10 years old now and is probably about ready for replacement.

Perfect wifi performance is an unrealistic expectation for any device I guess but there is a level where it becomes disruptive. The engadget review is whats got me the most concerned as its a fairly glowing review of the phone with a damning judgement of it's wifi capabilities.

http://www.engadget.com/2013/05/14/sony-xperia-sp-review/

http://www.goodgearguide.com.au/review/mobile_phones/sony/xperia_sp/456784