Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

Announcements

Accepted Solutions makes a difference!

Did you know that by clicking the Accept as Solution button You will help other people visiting the community to find their answer? Learn more.

Psst - What do you think about our community? Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

When are we getting the latest update?

Adviser

Re: Android 4.3 hitting the Xperia SP in December 2013

So are we gonna be able to move our apps to sd storage with this update?

Apprentice

Xperia Sp 4.3 update

i update my xperia SP firmware .254 it was good for the quick settings but when i'm using the the stamina mode the notification light does not go on that is very annoying works fine without stamina mode. Well i like the transparent illumination bar so much and its also helpful for notification.

I will also expect two more things with the 4.3 update ---

1) When listening songs i want to have the music light effect even when the phone is locked and

2) Buying a mid-range android phone and don't have native video call option its also very frastrating,so i wish they will with this update.

How do you guys think ?

Inhabitant

Re: Xperia Sp 4.3 update

Don't expect anything. We're out of luck. Sony are refusing to acknowledge anything to do with the Xperia SP, it's like the child they have disowned. Shame on Sony.

Enthusiast

You can't basically find any smartphone today (low-end to high-end) with a native video calling app. You've got a variety of VoIP and video calling apps on Google Play (like Skype), so I suggest you use them instead. smile happy

Don't forget to hit that KUDOS-button smile happy
Visitor

I had this option (sic!) on my old nokia c6 but  never worked because is not a smartphone on the provider's eyes and I need to change because my very good plan was ended and did not work with smartphones(which I don't see any difference between the plansshocked

Commissioner

What about Android 4.4 (KitKat) for Xperia SP?

We haven't received Android 4.3 yet, and there are already announcements for Android 4.4 (http://www.gsmarena.com/android_44_kitkat_and_nexus_5_to_go_official_on_october_28-news-6992.php).

Does anyone know, will Xperia SP receive Android 4.4?

Elite

Re: What about Android 4.4 (KitKat) for Xperia SP?

There are other threads on the same link/topic

That's a rumor and highly unlikely, Sony posted that the Xperia SP will get 4.3, we don't know any specific date or time frame, it doesn't make sense that Google will allow other OEMs to release 4.4 when they haven't done it, nor released the new Nexus 5 with 4.4 

http://blogs.sonymobile.com/2013/07/25/on-android-jelly-bean-4-3/

Hi everyone, a quick note on our software roadmap…

So, Sony’s Jelly Bean 4.2 upgrade for Xperia Z and Xperia ZL is well underway* – next up, Xperia ZR and Xperia Tablet Z will start receiving 4.2 from early August.

Yesterday you probably saw Google announce the next version of Jelly Bean (Android 4.3) – we’re already getting stuck in and can confirm we’ll make 4.3 available for: Xperia Z, Xperia ZL, Xperia ZR, Xperia Tablet Z, Xperia SP and Xperia Z Ultra…

If the info is not on the official news blog, don't believe it 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Commissioner

We will find out whether this KitKat announcement is a rumor or not soon enough.

Enthusiast

i would really love to see improvement to the phone software version which is buggy rather than new OS..

Highlighted
Adviser

When will 4.3 for Xperia SP?

Hi, when will sony xperia update the sp to jb 4.3? Long ago they announced that they were going to update and since then have not said anything. I hope that with this update is possible to move applications from internal memory to the SD card as 8GBs of which only 5.8 available very shortly. To say that I have installed NFS Most Wanted and weighs more than 2GBs and almost no space.