Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

Announcements

What do you think about our community?

Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

One time poster
Purna

Sony Xperia SP Navigation app is vanished

Hi All,

I was facing the network problem in my phone "Xperia SP", So, I have updated my OS. All the problem got resolve in with the updation. I get backed all Apps which previously instelled in my phone "Xperia SP" except the Navigation Apps.

Please tell me how can I get back the "Navigation Apps"?

Thanks,

Purna

purna.behera@hotmail.com

One time poster
ronax01

Re: Sony Xperia SP Navigation app is vanished

hey my friend

cause u updated maps app the navigation app disappear

that because the mixed in maps app

how navigation options goes to maps

so it disappear happened with me when updated maps app

intalled software again didnot update maps it is ok

One time poster
AvichalTomar

Is this formula works boz m facing same problem..............please reply asap

thanks

One time poster
AvichalTomar

Is this formula works boz m facing same problem..............please reply asap

thanks

One time poster
Purna

Hi Guys,

This formula work. I just removeed the "Maps" and "Wisepilot for  Xperia" and installed it again. I found back my "Navigation" and "Local" app as indivisual. But the problem is this "Navigation" is not able to integrate with "Wisepilot for  Xperia" app.

"Wisepilot for  Xperia" is beautifull app which directly transfer the destination place to Navigation. Now it is asking me to purchase "Navigation" for "Wisepilot for  Xperia" app. Before update my OS "Navigation" was the free app with "Wisepilot for  Xperia" app.

Can anybody suggest me how to integrate this "Navigation" with "Wisepilot for  Xperia" app or without buying?

Thanks,

Purna

purna.behera@hotmail.com

Adept
jetdog9

You are mixing up products.  The one that just says Navigation is part of Google Maps.  The reason it went away is because Google changed things recently in their Google Maps 7.0 update.  When you automatically updated to it, that made the Navigation app (which is really just part of Google Maps but with a different shortcut) go away.  When you revert back to original Google Maps installed on the phone, you'll get your "Navigation app" back.

Manyusers on the Internet seem unhappy about this change from Google (do a search for Google Maps + 7 + any bad word), maybe they will change it back.  Or, you could try to get used to Google Maps 7.0.  I heard there is a way to make a shortcut straight to Navigation mode appear, but haven't tried it because I decided to revert to old version and not have the problem to deal with.

Wisepilot is a completely different app.  They make it seem like it is for free, but really there's a trial period and after that you have to pay.  It may have some extra features, but overall to me it seems like you can get what you really want for free, so why pay them?

In any event, original configuration for Xperia SP should be something like:

1. (Google) Maps 6.14.2

2. Navigation "app", which is the blue arrow, sort of a "sub-app" of Maps

3. "Wisepilot for Xperia" - starts with full features but it's only a trial

If you happen to update your Google Maps, be it automatic or manual:

1. (Google) Maps upgrades to 7.0.x

2. Navigation "app" will disappear from your shortcuts.

3. This actually has no effect on Wisepilot.

Sony Xperia Support
Sony Xperia Support
Sam

If you want the Navigation shortcut to appear again the easy solution is: Main Menu > Settings > Apps > All > Maps > Uninstall Updates.

What are your thoughts about this forum? Let us know by doing this short survey.