Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Announcements

What do you think about our community?

Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

Enthusiast
yongfa

Google search

When hold and drag up the home button, google search will appear is there ways to disable or remove it???

Forum Legend
uliwooly

Re: Google search

You can't remove it, google now, but you can disble it 

To deactivate Google Now:

1. Start Google Now by sliding upwards from the bottom of the display and releasing your finger above the Google icon.

2. Tap the menu button in Google Now.

3. Select Settings.

4. Tap the ON/OFF switch in the top right corner of the settings. OFF should now be highlighted.

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Enthusiast
yongfa

even though disabled, drag up the home button will still open the google now???

Forum Legend
uliwooly

Keep in mind that Google Now is part of Android, I don't see any other way around it. 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Sage
Ashroft98

Aww man.Sometimes,opening it accidently really annoys me.Especially when you are using an app that can't be exited otherwise it has to restart all over again.
AlwaysHereToHelp
Enthusiast
yongfa

ya when open it will affect other apps as the ram of this phone cant support too much usage....