Announcements

What do you think about our community?

Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

daveyboy86

xperia s update issues

hi all,

im having problems updating my xperia s i can download the update on the sony companion but when it asks me to turn my phone off and connect the data cable whilst holding the volume down key it comes with usb device not recognised any ideas as to why its doing this please help it driving me mad many thanks.

Master
Thommo

Re: xperia s update issues

[ Edited ]

If it's saying it's not recognized then the flash driver isn't installed - You can try downloading the .exe driver install file from my drive https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B-yM_qnM8ZPRcU1RSDVQdU1RV3c/edit?usp=sharing and installing then try connecting your phone in flashmode so your phone and Pc can be configured - If all goes well then you should have a problem updating - Unless and as far as I'm aware there is an issue with Windows 7 64bit version and Flashmode been incompatible

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.   Richard P. Feynman

daveyboy86

iv now done that but that but the system says it cant install do you think it could be the fact that im running windows 8 or any other suggestions because i like i said before its seriously driving me mad 

Master
Thommo

It's very possible - If possible try using a Pc running and a non Win8 system or Win7 64bit

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.   Richard P. Feynman

Novice
JethroDee

I was having a similar problem (though on win vista and 7) and found the following (scroll to post #6) http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1239715

Once I'd installed the package I was able to continue with the PC Companion.
daveyboy86

ok thanks for your help

daveyboy86

i have no clue what todo in reguards to the link my friend need a little help

Master
Thommo

[ Edited ]

The exe I gave the link too above is the driver mentioned over on XDA - However if you wish to try this manually then you will need the driver as mentioned above on XDA #Post 6 then open your device manager and connect your phone in Flashmode, The errand or missing driver will appear you will then need to right click this driver then select update and choose the Browse computer option then direct it to where you downloaded the driver files too

Novice
JethroDee

In the link I gave, scroll down to post number 6 and you will see that the poster attached a zip file. Download the zip, extract it and run the exe. You should then have the drivers installed.