Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

Announcements

Accepted Solutions makes a difference!

Did you know that by clicking the Accept as Solution button You will help other people visiting the community to find their answer? Learn more.

Psst - What do you think about our community? Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

Accepted Solution

upgraded my Xperia S from Android 2.3.4 to 4.0.4, and i've got problem with wifi connection.

Highlighted

Re: upgraded my Xperia S from Android 2.3.4 to 4.0.4, and i've got problem with wifi connection.

Hey kawing3074

follow this

Backup everything as it will erase all data on phone (sms, contacts,apps)

Update/Repair your phone via PCC or SUS

PCC (PC COMPANION) – Repair your software with this .First do the setup without connecting your mobile to pc.(only connect when you are asked to).

Do it as follow >> PCC > SUPPORT ZONE> SOFTWARE UPDATE> REPAIR SOFTWARE (written with blue)  

PC Companion http://www.sonymobile.com/global-en/tools/pc-companion/

SUS ( Sony Update Service)  ... download and install it on pc and follow the on-screen instructions http://www-support-downloads.sonymobile.com/Software%20Downloads/Update_Service_Setup-2.11.12.5.exe

or

http://www.sonymobile.com/global-en/tools/update-service/

Both the links are same

One time poster

Re: upgraded my Xperia S from Android 2.3.4 to 4.0.4, and i've got problem with wifi connection.

Backup everything as it will erase all data on phone (sms, contacts,apps)

Update/Repair your phone via PCC or SUS

PCC (PC COMPANION) – Repair your software with this .First do the setup without connecting your mobile to pc.(only connect when you are asked to).

Do it as follow >> PCC > SUPPORT ZONE> SOFTWARE UPDATE> REPAIR SOFTWARE (written with blue) 

PC Companion http://www.sonymobile.com/global-en/tools/pc-companion/

SUS ( Sony Update Service)  ... download and install it on pc and follow the on-screen instructions http://www-support-downloads.sonymobile.com/Software%20Downloads/Update_Service_Setup-2.11.12.5.exe

or

http://www.sonymobile.com/global-en/tools/update-service/

Both the links are same

One time poster

Repairing with PCC does NOT work. The wifi problem REMAINS. All you got is losing all your settings, but for no avail.

Apprentice

I to am having this problem on an Xperia S (LT26i). I have read many, and I mean MANY posts to this forum and others of this being a VERY common problem and still there is no fix. I did take the advice and my phone went to a repair centre and it came back and I was told that it was irrepairable and would cost more than the phone!! I had only had it for 7 months!! Tied to a contract and had an expensive brick!!

So I have SUS'd it, downgraded it and got the wireless to work only to start using the phone again and it stop working again.

I have got to say that I moved from an iPhone 3GS to what I thought was a decent phone (Sony) and a tried and tested OS. I actually wish that I had never wasted my money and stayed with IOS and Apple. I didn't have a single issue in the 3 years with that phone.

I have subsequently upgraded to the newest Jelly Bean after several other software and OS changes. I got the phone WIFI working again (no hardware replacing, no costly repair)!!!! However again after several days the WIFI will not connect to any 'known' SSID's which is complete crap.

Also WIFI will not turn on unless I do a hard reset (hold power and up volume key and wait for the 3 vibrates). Turn it back on, take out the SIM (the Xperia reboots), then put the SIM back in (the Xperia reboots again) and then WIFI turns on and operates for a day. Then STOPS.....

Just to add I do not have any AV or app running my wireless connections. I have SUS'd, upgraded, downgraded, flashed, factory reset the device so many times that it is pretty much first time boot other than turning off touch tones.

This has to be a software, driver or other issue rather than hardware!!!! If it was hardware it would just NOT WORK. There are also SO many owners of Xperia S devices having this exact same problem/issue that I cannot believe that Sony has an inherent hardware component issue in all the phones.

Has anyone found a way to reslove these issues or is Sony actually listening and trying to resolve them themselves????

Apprentice

This does not make sense.

Please provide clearer instructions.

What is PCC and what is SUS?

"First do the setup without connecting your mobile" - What is this? My phone is already set up. How do I redo it?

"Only connect when you are asked to" - So we do nothing and nothing will happen and it will fix it?

What are the links and why are they attached to this solution? What do we do with the links?

Forum Legend

Re: upgraded my Xperia S from Android 2.3.4 to 4.0.4, and I've got problem with wifi connection.

See here - Ignore the title Xperia Z its the process you need to follow

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.   Richard P. Feynman