Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Announcements

What do you think about our community?

Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

Novice
Jaissal89

putting 3D Camera Sweep/Panorama files(.MPO) on Nintendo 3DS

I have tried to use this feature on my Xperia S and thought that if they are .MPO files, then I must be able to view these on my Nintendo 3DS by putting the files on the SD card on the 3DS.

I have tried this but my 3DS doesn't show anything there, Has anyone attempted this and been succesfull?

Please let me know if you have people.

Awaiting my ICS(4.0) update for my Xperia S!!

Thanks.

Master
nolramlb

Re: putting 3D Camera Sweep/Panorama files(.MPO) on Nintendo 3DS

afaik, the only way to view the 3d images is through a 3d supported device such as 3d laptop or a 3d tv with the use of the 3d glasses

Master
nolramlb

Novice
Jaissal89

It is 3D. It is more depth 3D than popping out at you. Try it out and you'll see. Super Mario 3D Land uses the 3D effect really well.

The 3DS uses the .MPO file format of 3D pictures as do the Xperia's. So i'm wondering why it is not working. any other .MPO files i have found on the internet have worked.

Trustee
Markus

I have no information saying it should work with Nintendo 3DS. On the other hand I don't have any info saying it should not work either.

If you've transferred the files and they don't show in 3D I am afraid I won't be able to suggest any better way to do this.

What do you think about this forum? Let us know by doing this short survey.

Novice
Jaissal89

Thank you Markus for checking your information. I thought that it would be cool to check the 3D sweeps and panorama's on my 3DS as i do not own a 3D TV.

When the file saves on my Xperia S, it does say something about "grey matter".

I have a feeling that this "grey matter" is not compatible with my 3DS.

This is the only conclusion I can think of.

Thanks again :smileyhappy: