Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

Announcements

What do you think about our community?

Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

One time poster
hellraiser6662

how do I get the Facebook app off my phone

Yea how do I get that app off my phone as it looks look its apart of the main apps & it cant be removed,  or sony sold out to Facebook if you look at what it can look and do its like a virus. I dont want it on until I want it to spy on my stuff, looks you pay for a phone that sells your info to companies without you gettin nothing out of it.

Anonymous(anon)

Re: how do I get the Facebook app off my phone

LOL, just do NOT use it - do not input your username/pass and you wont be "spied" upon ;-)

othwerwise you would have to root your phone to remove it - which for now i dont advise.

Anonymous(anon)

As ergo said.... just dont log in, and if you have already logged in once, just go to the app manager and clear the data. But if you are worried about people "spying" on you through your phone... FB is the least of your problems...

Trustee
Nessa

You will not be able to uninstall preloaded apps. You will only be able to delete applications that were downloaded from the internet, the Play Store or put in the phone by you. However, if you do not want to use Facebook™ you can just log out. Open the application and press Menu> Logout.

Forum Legend
uliwooly

Any word if this must have feature on ICS has being deleted ? ICS should allow users to delete pre-loaded apps, will this continue to be so, or SONY will not allow this?

I have another question, who chooses which app to include on the Xperias, yes there are few apps that are extra in some countries, but for the most part, apps like "Let's golf" its on most if not all of them, does Gameloft pay royalties to Sony to include their game?

I'm not ok having apps that can't be uninstall unless we root and use titanium backup to uninstall them, apps that require so many permissions

Permissions

THIS APPLICATION HAS ACCESS TO THE FOLLOWING:

• YOUR ACCOUNTSUSE THE AUTHENTICATION CREDENTIALS OF AN ACCOUNTAllows an application to request authentication tokens.
  • SERVICES THAT COST YOU MONEYSEND SMS MESSAGESAllows application to send SMS messages. Malicious applications may cost you money by sending messages without your confirmation.
  • YOUR MESSAGESRECEIVE SMSAllows application to receive and process SMS messages. Malicious applications may monitor your messages or delete them without showing them to you.
  • NETWORK COMMUNICATIONFULL INTERNET ACCESSAllows an application to create network sockets.
  • YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATIONREAD CONTACT DATAAllows an application to read all of the contact (address) data stored on your device. Malicious applications can use this to send your data to other people.
  • PHONE CALLSREAD PHONE STATE AND IDENTITYAllows the application to access the phone features of the device. An application with this permission can determine the phone number and serial number of this phone, whether a call is active, the number that call is connected to and the like.
  • STORAGEMODIFY/DELETE USB STORAGE CONTENTS MODIFY/DELETE SD CARD CONTENTSAllows an application to write to the USB storage. Allows an application to write to the SD card.
  • SYSTEM TOOLSPREVENT DEVICE FROM SLEEPINGAllows an application to prevent the device from going to sleep.RETRIEVE RUNNING APPLICATIONSAllows application to retrieve information about currently and recently running tasks. May allow malicious applications to discover private information about other applications.CHANGE WI-FI STATEAllows an application to connect to and disconnect from Wi-Fi access points, and to make changes to configured Wi-Fi networks.CHANGE NETWORK CONNECTIVITYAllows an application to change the state of network connectivity.

Hide

• YOUR ACCOUNTS
    DISCOVER KNOWN ACCOUNTSAllows an application to get the list of accounts known by the device.
  • HARDWARE CONTROLSCONTROL VIBRATORAllows the application to control the vibrator.
  • NETWORK COMMUNICATIONVIEW WI-FI STATEAllows an application to view the information about the state of Wi-Fi.VIEW NETWORK STATEAllows an application to view the state of all networks.RECEIVE DATA FROM INTERNETAllows the applications to accept cloud to device messages sent by the application's service. Using this service will incur data usage. Malicious applications may cause excess data usage.
  • SYSTEM TOOLSAUTOMATICALLY START AT BOOTAllows an application to have itself started as soon as the system has finished booting. This can make it take longer to start the device and allow the application to slow down the overall device by always running.

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)