Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

Announcements

What do you think about our community?

Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

Forum Legend
uliwooly

Re: Xperia S v\s Other Phones..!!

I would really enjoy playing with that camera :smileyhappy:

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Forum Legend
uliwooly

ok this is quite something

http://www.xperiablog.net/2012/03/01/sony-mobile-cortex-a15-phones-in-h2-2012-quad-core-phones-in-20...

“We’re going to join quad-core when we feel that the performance matches the battery efficiency. Because right now we don’t feel that is there. What we are going to be doing in the second-half of the year is moving to the Cortex A15 architecture, which we feel outperforms the current quad-core architecture.

You’ll see in 2013, as we’re evaluating the quad-core performance where it makes sense, where you’re not suffering in quality and the performance truly is there, and there really is something that demanding applications need. That’s when we make the right move to quad-core.”

seriously? does Sony think in 2013 high end smartphones will be running Quad-cores?

I want to see how the S performs against any phone running Tegra-3

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

WinterStars

See my other reply...

Forum Legend
uliwooly

which one?

Forum Legend
uliwooly

oh snap

The Verge

"“Ultimately, as forgiving as you may choose to be about the lack of Ice Cream Sandwich, there’s no getting around the fact that the Xperia S is the sort of phone Sony (Ericsson) could have released three months ago. It has the same dual-core processor, the same display characteristics, and the same operating system as the HTC Rezound, which went on sale in the US in November. While HTC has already announced an upgrade to the Rezound in the form of the new HTC One X — with a faster processor and Android 4.0 preloaded — Sony seems content to sprinkle confetti atop hardware rapidly slipping from the top of the pile. The Xperia S isn’t a bad phone, it’s just not particularly good at any one thing. I find this disappointing because Sony’s brand ethos has always been about conquering the heights of technology, not settling for a moderately good device in the middle of the pack. Judged by the company’s own lofty standards, then, a flagship phone that fails to at least momentarily claim the title of best-in-class has to be considered a failure.”"

http://www.xperiablog.net/2012/03/19/xperia-s-review-roundup/

slimshaddy

people will say this if sony does not launches a good flagship... people expect more from sony...

Forum Legend
uliwooly

Exactly, we want sony to deliver and be #1 :smileyhappy:

slimshaddy

i dont see it happening :smileyhappy: :smileyhappy:

already some hardware defect ( yellow tint )

Forum Legend
uliwooly

is it hardware or software?

slimshaddy

i think its hardware only :smileyplain:

it cant be a software problem..